Thread: Constructive Feedback?

Constructive Feedback?

Greetings All...

After more than a few years out of the hobby, I have made the plunge back into taking photos again and would appreciate comments/feedback etc. Thanks to those that have helped me out (that includes you Mike.. aka ThreeHolerGlory), who is responsible for me not throwing my laptop and Photoshop out the window.

I have posted a few things I have been lucky enough to get in the last few months, and will be posting more as I have time to make edits and incorporate ideas, comments, and suggestions. I am trying to focus on composition at the moment, along with other basics. As I get that down, I will do more advanced stuff, but, sadly, I have to learn little bits at a time.

Thanks in advance and by the way, I'm almost always up for spotting, so keep me in mind. Have a great one..

Chris

FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5

Not bad shots, Chris! What camera and settings are you using?

Photo 1: A little soft but not bad. In the upper right, there's a spot that looks like there was an error after editing with the magic wand tool.

Photo 2: Good exposure and decent. Did you do a proportional crop? It almost seems that the photo was flattened vertically, widening the photo.

Photo 3: Very nice. Little dust spot in the upper right is the only thing that jumps out at me.

Photo 4: A little soft and off-center, but I like!

Keep them coming or ask questions if you have any.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Positive feedback....On the Fronter shot the dust spot under the nose gear is very nice and round?

Seriously I love the DC-9 and think you have been away too long from this hobby. You do not need Positive feedback... YOU NEED TO POST MORE!
    I agree with Phil but just want more... DON'T HOLD OUT ON US!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

your editing is horrendous and the person responsible for teaching you how to edit should be shot in the leg.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Program Coordinator
    your editing is horrendous and the person responsible for teaching you how to edit should be shot in the leg.
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume it was you Mike? Just let me know when you're ready to go...

Nice post! Keep 'em comin'

I love the DC-9 photo.

Doug

Nice stuff... Alfano jet AKA Aer Lingus (Sorry Tommy, it was open) :) looks great... Northwest is softer than Rosie O'Donnell's stomach and Frontier looks pretty good. Maybe a touch on the soft side but good catches... The haze in the Northwest shot is more than made up for by being a Northwest DC9 and bonus points for catching her in the bank. As far as the first shot... Who cares.... That is a 757 and a rare one at that. Kudo's chief!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Nice shots! How did you get above the NWA plane?

Thank you everyone for the comments. I will be working on the dust spots and the "soft" focusing. I am also going to have a batch of 20-30 ready for posting after my next night shifts at work (have to find something to do if there are no fires)

Its been a good time getting back into the hobby, now only if I could find my negatives and photos from spotting CMH in the mid-late 1980s..The days when a Metro III or a People's Express 732 were boring...

The DC9 was in June, I will have to get the date for you, but I am pretty sure it was a sub, as I always end up spotting LGA at the same times and have not seen that aircraft before or since.
    FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5