Thread: AirTran to Increase Checked Bag Fee by $5

Post AirTran to Increase Checked Bag Fee by $5

NYCAviation:
    AirTran to Increase Checked Bag Fee by $5

AirTran Airways announced on Wednesday that they will increase their first checked bag fee by $5 starting September 1st.
    [Click to Read Full Article]

AirTran, which has its largest hub in Atlanta, Georgia, said that the increase in baggage fees was a consequence of the rising costs of fuel. Many other airlines have already increased its fees.
    Rising fuel costs??? Fuel costs have been dropping and have been predicted to drop as we move into the 4th qtr.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Rising fuel costs??? Fuel costs have been dropping and have been predicted to drop as we move into the 4th qtr.
    Maybe they're betting that Iran will get bombed soon, in which case oil will go up.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Matt, I am on board with that philosophy of thought. Saudi gave Israel permission for overflight in the event they decide to strike and somthing tell's me that the USA and France are riding the train of thought that it is inevitable that there will be some form of a military action against them in the near future. Oil futures are going to get interesting.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"