Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Weather Thread

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    I got 1.5" of rain out in Lake Grove. This may not seem like a lot, but believe it or not, its the most rain from a single 12 hour span we have had in a long while. Hopefully the winds arent anything too severe.
    Didnt feel much of the winds but being in Manhattan and pretty much inside all day I guess you wouldnt
    Last night though the rain was pretty steady and at times quite heavy in eastern Nassau. I would say we got a good 6/7 hours of rain.
    Tonite though defintely feels and looks like Fall is here to stay.

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...
    Winds aren't evil right now, but they're stiff (and cold). Pretty steady 20-25mph from the west with gusts 35-40mph at EWR and the 'burbs. Damp, but no real drizzle for now. Supposed to be warmer with more rain tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Planesntrains View Post
    Winds aren't evil right now, but they're stiff (and cold). Pretty steady 20-25mph from the west with gusts 35-40mph at EWR and the 'burbs. Damp, but no real drizzle for now. Supposed to be warmer with more rain tomorrow.
    We just got a bout of rain as some of the swirling storm drifted down from the North.

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...
    Yeah, we didn't get the rain so bad down here around EWR. Was supposed to go to 63F today, but I think they were talking about midnight and inverted the 3 and 6. Brrr. The wind on the other hand sucked, and still does. Consistent 18-20mph with gusts to 38-42mph. And the windchill is only 54F, but feels sooooooo much worse. EWR is taking delays of about 20min avg...
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous

The Texas/Mexico border is going to get screwed:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis
    Nice one. Well it looks like were about to get screwed in the next few days eh?

Looks like Indian Summer is taking hold of the Metro NY area this week. Temps in the 70s maybe close to 80 one day.

Wow this storm in the Upper Midwest is CRAZY!!! It is said to be equal to a Cat 3 Hurricane.
    http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/ar...dwest/19689949

We should be feeling effects of a cold front coming through, part of this system I believe, after Midnite and into tomorrow.

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    Low visibility at KJFK right now:
    KJFK 270051Z 17013G21KT 0SM R04R/3500V4000FT FG VV002 18/17 A2988 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1/2 SLP118 T01780167
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

I'm just hoping that the bay isnt going to be too bad... This will be an interesting storm.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Won't be nearly as bad here as it was in the midwest.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by AirtrafficController View Post
    Low visibility at KJFK right now:
    KJFK 270051Z 17013G21KT 0SM R04R/3500V4000FT FG VV002 18/17 A2988 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1/2 SLP118 T01780167
    maybe a dumb question, but what on earth do these numbers mean?

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    maybe a dumb question, but what on earth do these numbers mean?
    At this site, it's all explained: http://timothyallen.co.uk/Solo2Silver/S2S%20TAF.html

Quote Originally Posted by yves View Post
    I gave it a shot, and followed some of it, but holy crap. I am an electrical engineer and that is just confusing as hell.