Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JetBlue Employee Deploys Emergency Chute at JFK

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNA57 View Post
    My observations:
    The flight attendant was apparently hit on the head by a bag being retrieved by a passenger before the plane came to a stop at the gate.
    Dazed by the blow to the head, he grabbed the first cold object for his bruise (the beer), and was so dazed by the confusion, he popped the slide and ran. This may even be a case for Workmens Compensation.
    I believe many flight attendants, (especially those who deal with New Yorkers) will secretly applaud this guy, he may even become a JetBlue icon up there with Sully

Priceless!!!

In all seriousness now......OK, fess up. Which Anetter is this?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

And i didnt know Tom had a long lost brother...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

He has officially gained cult hero status among many crew members. His name is on every F/A and most pilots I know's lips... "I slide for Slater" is the motto going around... T-Shirts and all aviailable already.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    T-Shirts and all aviailable already.
    I hope he will get a cut of the sales for his legal expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    You missed your calling in life...you should be a defense attoney lol Although you do have a point and I can see a lawyer going after that defense that he was hit in the head and by the looks of the pictures, he looked like he took a good wack. The lawyer will proabably say the hit on the head caused him to lose his judgement and act in this foolish manner, although I think he knew exactly what he was doing.
    If I were his Lawyer, I would probably advise him to continue the story like this: "I drove myself home to pick up my insurance card so I could go to the hospital to have my "injury" taken care of. Unfortunately the Police arrested me before I could do so".

In all seriousness though, I think what he did was wrong and potentially dangerous to others. For that he should be held accountable, as should the passenger who started the whole series of events.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    MSNBC reports he has 2 hours to raise bail or he goes to Rikers. I bet those rude pax will look good when he see his cronies in that house.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

from anet:

The flight attendant involved is actually one of the members on this site:
    http://www.airliners.net/profile/skyliner747

Judging from his posts he seems very professional and loved what he did.

Taiwanese Company Creates CGI Video of Fuming Flight Attendant

By Maria Eugenia Miranda
    NBCNewYork.com
    updated 59 minutes ago

If you weren't one of the lucky passengers to witness Steven Slater's abrupt departure from his job as a JetBlue flight attendant Monday, not to worry - the Taiwanese have re-created the spectacle for you.
    The Taiwanese firm Next Media Animation developed a 3-D movie of Slater's escapades, showing how he got on the plane's public address system, cussed out everyone on the plane, grabbed a beer, and exited through an emergency landing slide.
    Slater was arrested and taken into court today to face charges for the incident, which took place Monday on flight 1052 at JFK airport.
    It's not the first time Next Media Animation has poked fun at a newsmaker: Last December, after Tiger Woods crashed his car near his Florida home, the company developed a CGI parody.
    And earlier this year, Next Media created an avatar of a sex-crazed Al Gore going after a masseuse

http://www.nma.com.tw/
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

You know, this guy has the potential to draw a following in the aviation service industry. It seems like a case of what "going postal" was in the 90's, though with no death thankfully.

jetBlue's newest plane should be called...."I Blue my top." hehe :)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    You know, this guy has the potential to draw a following in the aviation service industry. It seems like a case of what "going postal" was in the 90's, though with no death thankfully.

Instead of "going postal", the new phrase will be "popping the chute"

This is all too funny!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    He has officially gained cult hero status among many crew members. His name is on every F/A and most pilots I know's lips... "I slide for Slater" is the motto going around...
    If it had been a passenger who popped the chute and exited like that, would all those crew members think him a hero, or would they be calling for jail time and a permanent ban from flying for being a danger?

Usually when a passenger does it, it's because they are dumb or literally mentally insane. This was just an elaborate quitting, even better than Jerry McGuire.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It almost seems very elaborately planned out. As if this was his idea for how he was going to end his airline career for a while. Honestly, I feel worst for his mother... She is very sick with cancer and his actions will only place additional stresses on a body that is already exhausted from fighting the forces of nature.... I hope it dissapears from the media as soon as possible for her sake honestly...
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"