Thread: NASCAR Truck Series at Pocono

NASCAR Truck Series at Pocono

I spent the weekend out at Pocono Raceway for the second race weekend of the summer. For the first time ever, the NASCAR Truck Series was scheduled to run at Pocono. The truck teams always put on a good show, and I've been looking forward to this since it was announced last September.

Lining up on pit road before Saturday's race. They had some 40,000 people, the largest Saturday crowd in track history, in attendance.

NASCAR Sprint Cup regular Elliott Sadler was making a rare truck series start.

Jericho, LI resident Donny Lia did double duty, running both the truck race, and the ARCA series race that followed. He was sponsored by East End Helicopter in the truck race.

An encounter with the inside wall ended Ron Hornaday's afternoon. This truck is on sale cheap at Ollie's Bargain Outlet.

Matt Crafton, NASCAR Truck Series driver, and fellow SmugMug user

Bobby Hamilton Jr. blew a right front tire and hit the wall - or hit the wall causing the tire to go down, I never heard which came first. Here, the crew replaces the tire and works on the damaged right front fender.

With three different series running this weekend, garage space was at a premium. The truck teams worked on their trucks right on pit road all weekend, giving spectators an up-close look.

Elliott Sadler held off the field for his first Truck Series win.

It was three full days of action on the track, with NASCAR Sprint Cup, Truck Series, and the ARCA series all running. I'll post some shots from Cup and ARCA in separate thread when I've gotten through them. For now, more photos from the truck race are here
    Last edited by moose135; 2010-08-04 at 12:11 AM.

Nice stuff..... Did you happen to be in a location to catch Elliopts massive crash on Sunday? As I was watching the race I was wondering if you were there....
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    Nice stuff..... Did you happen to be in a location to catch Elliopts massive crash on Sunday? As I was watching the race I was wondering if you were there....
    Talk about going from a pure high to a really bad low. That crash was nasty....yet, with all the tv camera angles that ESPN has, they only were able to catch the last second before impact, and that was because that camera was trying to catch Kurt Busch crash into something. Seems every other camera was watching Busch slide across the grass, and we will never know what started Elliot's incident.

Elliot's crash was pretty rough....it was painful watching him trying to get out of it, but I'm glad he was able to!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].