Thread: Saratoga (5B2) - 8/1

Saratoga (5B2) - 8/1

Saratoga is a quiet little airport most of the time. Small props, gliders, a couple of small FBOs. Things change during the horse racing season. The jet set come to town during late July through Labor Day and provide some up close biz jet action. My wife, sons and I went up to the track Sunday morning for breakfast (watched the horses work out on the main track while having a buffet breakfast in the clubhouse) and then we stopped by 5B2 on the way home. Not crazy busy but a nice little airport where you can get close to the action without needing ramp access.

Here's a shot of one of the FBO ramps. Lots of overnight jets in the back row. I love the low fence and the close taxiway.

Here's a nice G-V parked out on a taxiway. N885KT owned by Kenny Troutt

This lear blasted off on a loud take off.

We ended our short time at the airport watching this Falcon land. N101PV owned by Peter Vegso publisher of "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books. Also owns many thoroughbreds.

I wouldn't say this should be on anyone's destination list from an aviation spotting point of view, but if you are in town during this time of year, it is a fun little place to visit.

Thanks for viewing,
    Dan

Nice shots. Get those guys a lawn mower!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    Nice shots. Get those guys a lawn mower!
    They purposely do not mow as the field is habitat for an endangered butterfly.