Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Forums!

Welcome to the New Forums!

Welcome to the new forums! Please have a look around and explore! We really hope that you all enjoy the new features that the board now has to offer.

We hope the new password change wasn't too rough, but security was the name of the game in the switch. There are still a few more tweaks to makes and things that we need to add, but we're excited to get you folks up and running. I hope you agree that it's cleaner looking, and gives you many more options with ease for you to enjoy throughout whole place.

Aside from the password change, the only other hiccup we experienced is that everyone will need to re-upload their avatars. It's one thing that we just could not carry over.

On an up-side, the JetPhotos.net BBcode now works! So please feel free to post JP thumbs whenever you'd like! We'll also soon make a post that will walk you through all of the new features for a more formal tour.

Let us know if you come across any problems or unwanted differences with the new forums. Also, if you have suggestions in ANY WAY that you think would make this place better...don't be shy to email! We have much more technological freedom here with vBulletin.

Thanks everyone! Tella yoo frends!

Phil and Matt
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Is there any way of getting my old Avatar back? It took me like an hour to make that stupid thing!
    LOVIN the new forum
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

is there a link to view "all active topics", like in the old forums? I think all it did was thread all topics across the entire site and ordered them by latest post. Thanks for the help

Real spiffy! This is actually the second forum I frequent to move to this format in just a matter of weeks. Thought it looked kind of familiar.

The social media linking is stellar. If this is "the future", I can't wait to see what's next.

B

PS - You need to get the snarky member labels back up STAT. "Singing in the light rain, mist"...
    Last edited by Futterman; 2010-08-03 at 11:10 AM.
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Derf, most people will need to re-upload their avatars....one of the few things we had a tough time with.

Puckstopper, the "What's New" in the navbar on the upper left will list all new posts since your last visit.

Futt, we're going to be coming up with old and new ranks.

Great job with the new forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Is there any way of getting my old Avatar back? It took me like an hour to make that stupid thing!
    LOVIN the new forum
    Phil, I found the file and no longer need you to send it. If you put any effort into finding it, Thank You very much for your time. Very happy to have found it! WAHOO!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Well done, Phil and crew. I like it. The new avatar requirements were a minor challenge...couldn't get the new smaller size (150px) down to under 39.1kb without greatly compressing the image. I'm just not used to saving images at a PS setting of 6 or 7

Hey Phil I can't get the Facebook Connect to work.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

It's just not connecting you're saying? Are you already logged in on Facebook?

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    I wish the bubble icons would have more contrasting colors between read and unread like the previous forum. Otherwise, the design and function is enjoyable.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

I agree, Luke. We're actually creating custom ones!

Glad you folks like it so far, and thanks for your patience. This is just the first of many new things coming your way over the coming months. In fact, this is the only one that would bring us any challenge, as we had to upgrade is while it is currently active and evolving daily.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks7757 View Post
    Hey Phil I can't get the Facebook Connect to work.
    What happened when you tried? And were you using Safari by chance? (I had some problems with it in Safari today, other browsers seem to work fine).
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2010-08-03 at 06:06 PM.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

imported_adscram14
    How do I get the imported off of my username?? Thanks!

I have no idea how I managed to do that. Never mind!
    Adam Sheinhaus