Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Welcome to the New Forums!

Okay guys, I think I found the solution and you get to play beta testers. If this does what you want it to do, I'll add it to the navbar. Please try it out an let me know if it's doing what you want it to do...

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THREADS THAT HAVE POSTS SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Didn't work, Matt. I came to the forum, clicked on "New Posts" and got a list of 7 threads, including this one. I opened 5 of the 7 in new tabs (Win Vista, Firefox 3.5.2 BTW). When I clicked on the link your post, I got the message: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

Okay, let's try this again.

View Active Topics
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Same result Matt - "New Posts" showed 4 threads, I opened each, and when I came here and clicked on your "View Active Topics" link, I got the same "Sorry..." message. I don't know if it matters, but I don't use the "Log Out" button when I leave the forum, I simply close the browser tab/window.

And one more time, I think this is the winner:

View Active Topics

This should work even if you're not logged in.
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2010-08-20 at 04:31 PM.

That looks much better, Matt. It gave me a list of topics - actually a couple of pages...looks like it probably goes back to the last time I logged out then back in again. I'll log out this time, and log back in later tonight and let you know how it looks.

The link above is set to show ALL posts over the past 7 days. The one that we apply to a button on top of the page will probably have more time like 2 to 4 weeks over the pages.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Wahhhoooooo! This is it!!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Good job there.

Ok a new problem just developed. So when I go and read 1 unread topic in a section, I return to the main screen and now it shows everything has been read so I can't see what I still haven't seen.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks7757 View Post
    Ok a new problem just developed. So when I go and read 1 unread topic in a section, I return to the main screen and now it shows everything has been read so I can't see what I still haven't seen.
    i've tried several things and cannot seem to replicate what you describe. If it happens again, or if others experience it, please let me know.

*drumroll*

The long awaited "View Active Topics" is now a fat button at the top of the page, along with some other goodies.

Thanks everyone for your help and your patience!

Though our work on the forums will never be complete, and there are features that we're still working on implementing, the initial switch to our new home here is complete. Please let us know if you have any issues at this point!