Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Forums!

We've made two adjustments so that the forums and thread listings are more easily-read. First, we made all thread titles bold so you cna read them among the other text around it, which is similar to the old forum.

Second, we changed the icons to indicate read/unread threads. If it's unread, it is red. Read is gray.

The icons also have other features to them. If you see a green dot in the icon, it means that you have posted in that thread at some point in the past. If the plane in the icon has contrails, it means that it is a "hot" thread that has more than 400 views.

Let us know if you have any other questions or issues.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    Thanks for the nice additions!
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Second, we changed the icons to indicate read/unread threads. If it's unread, it is red. Read is gray.
    Best change so far to the new forum IMO!

AWESOME!!!! Thank You for Latest posts!!!!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

The Latest Posts is still the same thing as Whats New, but with the completed search function, we'll be able to as a "Active Topics" tab that we are used to from the old forums.

Something I've noticed - when you start a new thread, no matter how you capitalize the thread title, it is changed to first letter capital, the rest lower case e.g. KFLL becomes Kfll - is this a setting that can be changed?
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Yes, no problem. I thought this was fixed already by adjusting the setting to prevent all caps posting, but if it's still not, I'll just disable it altogether. Sorry!

Something else I've just noticed - this is minor for sure - but - at the bottom of the pages, the icon legend images are showing as broken - this is on the forum index and each forums index page.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Mmmm, maybe its me but in the "Old" Forum when you posted something it would jump to the top of the "New Posts" list no matter when the
    Original Thread started. I just posted something in the "News and Aircraft Visitors" Forum and cant find it in either the "Latest" of "New" Posts areas. It
    is the first post though in the "News and..." Forum. And the thread about the "Thunderbirds at the Intrepid" I cant even find in the "New" and "Latest" areas.
    Is it my settings? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    It's actually supposed to work with one click...but apparently that's easier said than done.
    And it takes this long??? That must be one hell of a button!!!!

I know that if it is not fixed by now it must be more difficult than any of us could imagine! Thanks for your continued efforts to try and fix the bug. Cheers and I now owe
    you a few beers!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Just so I'm clear, you want a button to click that will automatically display all the threads you have posted in, is that right?

For now, if you click "Quick Links > Subscribed Threads" at the top, this will show all the threads you've posted in. (By default, you are subscribed to any thread you post in).

We will try to make this more obvious in the navbar soon.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Mmmm, maybe its me but in the "Old" Forum when you posted something it would jump to the top of the "New Posts" list no matter when the
    Original Thread started. I just posted something in the "News and Aircraft Visitors" Forum and cant find it in either the "Latest" of "New" Posts areas. It
    is the first post though in the "News and..." Forum. And the thread about the "Thunderbirds at the Intrepid" I cant even find in the "New" and "Latest" areas.
    Is it my settings? Thanks.
    From what I've seen (Phil or Matt can correct me if I'm wrong) it looks like the New Posts function only shows posts you have not opened yet. Once you view it, it no longer shows up in the list of new posts, even if it was posted since your last visit. If you wrote it, you viewed it, and it is no longer a "New" post. The old board showed everything since your last visit, with unread posts highlighted. I preferred that format.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    The old board showed everything since your last visit, with unread posts highlighted. I preferred that format.
    Me too. Thanks John.

What John described is the "Active Topics" button from the old forums, which is what we'd like to incorporate here. It's slightly complicated as a proper search result needs to be saved into a button that appears as such. But we're on it.