Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Forums!

Nice job. Like anything new it'll take a few times to get comfortable with it. BTW is there a link for "My Posts" like the old forum?
    Thanks.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I like it. Mazel mazel, baby, good things ggod things
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    I love the new look but I have a minor suggestion.

I just noticed that the word c0ckpit is blocked by the default word filter and since this is an aviation themed site I think it should be tweaked a little.

Also I miss the borat icon.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Cockpit.

Fixed. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

disregard. It works now.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

this is my most used button...I keep on trying to look at the forum activity and see posts that I posted in are not there. PLEASE can we get this feature back? I am missing many posts and the New Posts up at the top does not bring up all new posts. I posted in 2 posts this am and they can not be found unless I go to the specific forum to search it out. I can not imagine how many posts I am missing. For me this issue is a major one
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    this is my most used button...I keep on trying to look at the forum activity and see posts that I posted in are not there. PLEASE can we get this feature back? I am missing many posts and the New Posts up at the top does not bring up all new posts. I posted in 2 posts this am and they can not be found unless I go to the specific forum to search it out. I can not imagine how many posts I am missing. For me this issue is a major one
    Same issue. very very frustrating.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Looking into this. It's related to the search function, which also isn't working properly yet.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

The navigation bar up top will soon have both the "Whats New" and the "Active Topics" soon. I used that button the same way and it's already in the works.

As we've said, we wanted to get the forums live to beat some issues we had on the previous forum, and we will be steadily tweaking as we adjust.

Also, some people have mentioned to me that they are experiencing a little confusion about which threads are read or unread, pertaining to how the pages are viewed. We are currently making new icons to make the unread ones stand out more, and will also make the thread titles in bold, just like on the old forums, so that they can be read more easily.

Problems or suggestions....please keep them coming! Thank you all for the help, support and patience.

Thank you for all your hard work, Forum looks great and with you two on top of things (as usual) I am sure the function will come soon enough. Congrats on a job well done.
    P.S. Good luck trying to fix all the search functions and the link that I asked for....to say that sounds like a crappy job is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I Sir Owe you a beer.... You too Phil!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    P.S. Good luck trying to fix all the search functions and the link that I asked for....to say that sounds like a crappy job is an UNDERSTATEMENT.
    It's actually supposed to work with one click...but apparently that's easier said than done.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I miss the "New Posts/Your Posts" links at the top of the board on the right. Easy access. Right now I can barely find my old posts and if you post something new to an old topic it used
    to be the top "New Post" but now you can barely find it.
    But I know the board continues to be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I miss the "New Posts/Your Posts" links at the top of the board on the right. Easy access. Right now I can barely find my old posts and if you post something new to an old topic it used
    to be the top "New Post" but now you can barely find it.
    But I know the board continues to be tweaked.
    As mentioned in several replies just above yours, that's one thing that we are working on right now. Soon soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    As mentioned in several replies just above yours, that's one thing that we are working on right now. Soon soon.
    I know...patience patience.

Search and "view my posts" should be working now.