Thread: Red Bull Air Race Suspends 2011 Race Season.

Red Bull Air Race Suspends 2011 Race Season.

I'm really bummed to see this, especially after such a successful showing in NYC. I guess with the mulitple cancelations at the end of this season, we shouldn't be surprised. Hopefully, RBAR doesn't go the way of Arena Football.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/cs/Sat...d&refmodpos=A1

Red Bull Air Race GmbH confirmed that for the future success and development of the sport, the World Championship will take a one-year break in 2011.

The organization will use this opportunity to fast track the technological advancements currently in the making which would further improve the already high levels of safety.

There is a need to revise the main organization and commercial areas to realize the full potential of the sport including the development and reinforcement of strong host city partnerships which would secure a long term race calendar.

For further information contact
    [email protected]
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: Red Bull Air Race Suspends 2011 Race Season.

Wow that is sad.

I read a press release just a couple of days ago saying they were coming back to NY.

But between the accidents this year and losing two venues maybe its better that they plan everything ahead and get a rock solid line up for 2012.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

There is a need to revise the main organization and commercial areas to realize the full potential of the sport including the development and reinforcement of strong host city partnerships which would secure a long term race calendar.
    As in "We need to find host cities that will pay us a larger fee to hold a race..."

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    As in "We need to find host cities that will pay us a larger fee to hold a race..."
    Agreed! Many cities want to host, but Red Bull is looking for $$$$ to make it worth their while.

There's always Reno my friends.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

I hope they get things worked out...I enjoyed watching several races this year on TV. Exciting.