Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banned from JFK ?

Re: Banned from JFK ?

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D

You'd all be absolutely appalled if you heard the quotes and comments I've heard from Port officials with regard to our hobby.
    unless the people here that have relationships with PA try to mend the fence this will be the case for all the good spots on airport grounds.
    I haven't heard that many bad comments except about the guy who wears that Polo hat :shock:

Help has been offered...
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: Banned from JFK ?

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Oh I am not debating this just saying we didn't do ourselves any favors toward improving the situation.
    Couldn't agree more. When folks drive up to a group of us in the Firestone lot and ask us what we're doing, instead of having a polite and informative conversation which is usually well received, some of us respond with "We're taking pictures of airplanes. Got a ****ing problem with that?" It makes us as a whole look like a bunch of jackasses.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    and use public parks in the area instead.
    I do frequent N. Woodmere Park a lot and even there I see the Nassau County police there patrolling the grounds near where I spot and photograph 22L arrivals. I know this is a bit overboard, but even I am careful not to photograph around them.

I hear all of you who have been confronted by the PAPD. I have been pulled over by them on a couple of occasions and eventually gave up trying to photograph, less alone pull over my car, on JFK grounds. The most I do now is drive slowly through the terminals and spot quickly hoping that I won't catch the wrong eye of an officer or security guard.

Happy Spotting,

-Jeremy

It's how you approach police that counts... Approach them like you belong there or from a friendly demeinor angle as in nothing to hide... Or if you address them before they you, it tends to show openness and respect for their concern.. They are less apt to bug you
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

The cargo spot you guys are talking about, is that here?
    Trevor Guglielmino
    ------------------------------
    My Photos
    Canon T2i/60D

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    At the rate we are going with the president we have and the attempted attacks against spots in NY we have probably lost it forever. .
    What does the president have to do with losing this spot?

While it is not strictly allowed, it does not seem to be strictly prohibited other than ON or AROUND taxiways/runways. But you do need a permit for general areas, and a specific permit from the operators of all other areas

http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/media-access.html

Click the middle tab (Video/Photo) for details
    Last edited by gonzalu; 2010-11-01 at 11:13 PM.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

No, that is not it and people WILL be removed from that spot if they spot there.

Quote Originally Posted by TSGSpotting View Post
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by TSGSpotting View Post
    Loved that spot back in the 90s. I used to take my kids there, park the car and hang out. Others did the same. Yeah times changed!!

NLovis
    It is too bad that the PANYNJ cant welcome spotters in a friendlier manner. If they are really that scared of us why dont they put in a badge program for spotting? $5 for 1 year. I wouldnt mind paying $5 to have a spotting deck on premesis. They could easily but an observation deck on T4, the T5 garage or someplace else. There are so many things they can do to keep an eye on this and make JFK experiences better for everyone.

What is the cargo incident everyone keeps referring to? I know nothing about it. And since the area has been lost, it wouldn't hurt anything to discuss it. Maybe if people could read about it it might discourage stupid behavior.