Thread: Boeing 787 full stop in 17 seconds at Farnborough

Boeing 787 full stop in 17 seconds at Farnborough

Saw this video on flightglobal's youtube page, I couldn't believe how quickly the 787 can stop, under 20 seconds from touchdown to full stop.

Re: Boeing 787 full stop in 17 seconds at Farnborough

That does not seem too impressive if it is empty. I wonder how dry they were? It is something that you do not see every day and even empty the pilots do not usually full brake an empty aircraft so this will always carry some pucker facter. Nice post and fun to watch.

I was in a 747sp jumpseat when the pilots did this almost empty as well as a very light 747-sp full power takeoff. ALWAYS a good time.

GOOD POST :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Program Coordinator

Dang. I've seen a lot of the 787 and I've never seen them do that.

That is an awesome video!!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice
    Dang. I've seen a lot of the 787 and I've never seen them do that.
    Im surprised.. getting on the aircraft like that, I would have guessed they would have done that at home.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Program Coordinator

Im surprised.. getting on the aircraft like that, I would have guessed they would have done that at home.
    I'm sure they have, but I haven't seen it at all here (yet). I'd guess they do that out at Moses Lake a lot.

I haven't seen a departure in awhile but I still feel they haven't pushed it to its full power potential yet...usually the 737's are airborne within 2500-3500ft...they still roll the 787 out to 5 or 6000. I'm looking forward to the time they start pushing it to 3000-4000 (better angle!).

Please keep us informed, your shots are great and look forward to anything you think is interesting. :borat:

From what I've read they had a crew of 16 operating different types of testing equipment, supposedly the plane was filled with the testing equipment so I'm sure that adds some weight but reguardless heavy or not it's a pretty cool thing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal484
    From what I've read they had a crew of 16 operating different types of testing equipment, supposedly the plane was filled with the testing equipment so I'm sure that adds some weight but reguardless heavy or not it's a pretty cool thing to watch.
    If they could do that with an aircraft half loaded I would spit my soda all over my monitor. I am just saying that the aircraft has very good brakes and lots of power for when operational with a load. Empty it had better drop your jaw.
    Last edited by Derf; 2010-08-11 at 12:04 PM.