Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McChord Air Expo 2010

Program Coordinator

McChord Air Expo 2010

Down side: LOTS of heat haze wrecked most shots...the usual high noon lighting...soft lens
    Plus side: Amazing acts, lots of afterburner, F86!, B2!, some great statics, good weather (eventually):

Re: McChord Air Expo 2010

Lots of good pictures here. Hard to pick a favorite, but I have a sweet spot for the F-16. :)

Nice on the B2. My camera just did not lock onto her.
    I hope you don't mnd but instead of starting a hundred topics on this same show I'll just post what I have so far on here.-
    Well so far I only have 1 shot done but here is a preview of whats to come from Day 1 of the McChord Lewis Joint Base Air Show. Took 1284 shots today and it was only day 1. Lets see how many I get tomorrow

But I am in love with this shot. And she currently resides on my desktop!

http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Program Coordinator

Some extra shots with statics:

B2... WOW... great shot.... a lot of good stuff guys !

A-10 East in the heritage fight... nice.... veryy nice !!
    Living The Dream...

Smashing stuff guys.

The C-17 is quickly becoming a favorite of mine since I've seen the CF example tooling around up here in Ottawa, good shots gentleman.

The B-2 catch is a great addition to the collection Jeremy!

Outstanding work!

Considering just about everyone we know was within a single 20 foot section of the fence, a lot of these are looking familiar. But here is a little variety:

Program Coordinator

Dang Dave...yours are way more crisp than mine - nice stuff! Makes me once again feel like the 7D was a waste of money!

Great work guys, Day 2 was a little more clouds but was once again another awesome day by the end. It is cool when you know what to expect a little bit so you can plan out a little more how you are going to shoot.

Also the F-22's I got confirmed word that they will be departing at 0930 tomorrow morning and at this point they are planning to use 34 no matter what the wind is. So will likely be venturing back there in the morning for them.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Thanks Jeremy - I too had a low percentage of top quality shots. On the sharpness issue, I wouldn't put that all down to my body. I'm really impressed with the sharpening, and even more so the noise reduction from Lightroom 3.

Between a dead battery and miserable allergies, I've managed to finally catch a quality shot of this beautiful bird:

Program Coordinator

Thanks Jeremy - I too had a low percentage of top quality shots. On the sharpness issue, I wouldn't put that all down to my body. I'm really impressed with the sharpening, and even more so the noise reduction from Lightroom 3
    I'll have to check that program out. This show was the lowest percentage of keepers I've had in a long long time. I think there are maybe two dozen shots left in the flying folder and out of those maybe 2 or 3 that meet the quality level I'd like to see in them all.

NLovis

Ack. I got my work cut out for me now lol. Eh my shots dont compare as usual. I'm the king of the rotten shot :lol: Anyway amazing shots. What I would give to see a B-2, F-16 Tomcat and F-22 Raptor. Eh I have a B-1 :borat:

Program Coordinator

Eh I have a B-1
    ??

Man, I'm seriously considering driving to Spokane for next weeks airshow for the nearly sole purpose of seeing a static B-1. That will involve leaving Seattle at 3:30am to get there for the gate opening. I'd love to have a pic.