Thread: TWA Flight 800 14 years ago today...

TWA Flight 800 14 years ago today...

Today marks 14 years after TWA flight 800 took off from JFK bound for Paris at about 8:30PM ET.. Till this day, its still unclear of what official caused the Boeing 747 N93119 to explode just several minutes after take off from JFK.. The crash killed around 230 passengers aboard the plane as it crashes into the Atlantic Ocean off long Island..

A video of TWA flight 800
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Re: TWA Flight 800 14 years ago today...

There will be a memorial service at Smith Point Park tonight, starting at 8pm.

Just a few shots from last night's memorial service:

I was at a summer camp when the speaker announced the news that morning. It was a sad day and not a great year for US airline safety coming two months after the Valujet crash.

Anyone questions the theory of the fuel tank explosion?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I just think the animations given look kind of silly. If a fuel tank explodes at 600mph that high up the nose just doesn't snap and the aircraft goes on a noseless climb. Even if it didn't immediately break up following the explosion, aerodynamic forces would lead to structural failure and rapid disintegration of the entire aircraft.

Did they ever ground the classic 747s at the time?

Then there is this video I didn't have time to watch on its entirety:

L6BUXu0A ... re=related

This whole fuel tank theory is preposterous!

Did you all know almost every kind of car for the past 15-20 years- and counting- have a fuel pump motor and its wires mounted inside of the gasoline fuel tank?!

Everyday they "go bad", short out and what not... why no fire or explosion? ? ?

Quick lesson in basic combustion. You need 3 components. 1-Fuel. 2-Spark/heat. 3-Air/oxygen.
    TWA 800 allegedly had its center tank empty, hot day, and perhaps the fuel residue vaporised. Yes vaporized fuel is optimum for combustion. A sparking/electrical arcing wire will encourage combustion, BUT NOT WITHOUT fresh AIR interacting. It's impossible.

Oh and by the way, back to your everyday car shorting out its fuel pump motor or wires in a gasoline fuel tank- gas is 95% more volatile then jet fuel.
    You can toss a lit match into a saucer of jet fuel- it won't burn. The fuel has to be atomized first, with air. In retrospect the reson why a jetliner sometimes ends up a fireball in a crash is because the fuel tanks are ruptured, the liquid fuel mixes with the high velocity air and becomes an atomized mixture. All it takes now is a spark.

This "myth is busted"
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Mike, you are the man.

I want you to take my perfectly good new Honda engine and replace it with a new Cumins Diesel.

Can you do that and hook my up with better mileage?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I had previously read this thread, but the recent posts I reread it again and noticed something that brought a tear to my eye. In the above picture, the person has their hand over Merit Rhoads' name who was the wife of my high school football linebacker coach Scott Rhoads. I was a football player on the team he was a coach of for 2 years. He was a truly amazing person who touched many young peoples lives. At the time of the disaster, I was a ramp rat for Delta Airlines in Seattle and was able to pay my condolences to Scott and Merit as they returned to Seattle aboard a TWA flight.

-Tad