Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Android Owners Unite

  1. #16
    Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Copiague, NY
    Posts
    1,211
    http://www.stealthguards.com is giving away free screen protectors as part of a new promotion. I decided to order one and try it out since it is only $3 for shipping


    HTC Droid Incredible Full Body Protection

    Motorola Droid X Full Body Protectio

    Other phones

    From what I've read they seem to be on par with Zagg.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Posts
    3,027
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I've just joined the android family so to speak with the Evo and I want to know what apps some of you guys would recommend. I'm not used to having access to tens of thousands of apps since my Palm app market only had hundreds, none of which were any good, save angry birds. So...fire them at me!

    PS Kenneth, I had the Zagg on my Palm and while it was great for scratches, it does nothing to protect from shock. With the pickup of my Evo, I also purchased the Otterbox Defender which has excellent reviews for shock protection and a built in screen protector. The thing is pretty diesel.
    Last edited by wunaladreamin; 03-12-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

  3. #18
    Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Copiague, NY
    Posts
    1,211
    Actually I recommend rooting it and flashing if you feel confident. You can do a lot more things like wireless tether, overclocking/underclocking, ad blocking, temp monitoring and tons of customization like being able to select different icons, themes, and boot logos. If you ever consider rooting/flashing I can send you some information via PM.

    As far as some of the apps I recommend:

    Dropbox - Easily share files between your phone and PC.
    Go SMS - A free SMS app that is a lot better than the stock Android texting app.
    Executive Assistant - Keeps email, Facebook, Twitter ect; all organized in one widget.
    Skype Mobile - Allows you to IM and make International calls.
    Air Control - Fun aviation themed game.
    WHERE - Great for traveling, it gives you movie theater info, places to eat, stay, drink, hotels ect.
    Locate My Droid - Allows you to find your phone via GPS.
    Google Maps/Navigation
    Bump - Allows you to easily share contacts and apps
    Photoshop Express
    Yellow Pages
    FM Radio
    Barcode scanner- Allows you to scan barcodes and get prices ect.

    Also I ended up going with Zagg I only needed screen protection and it works pretty good. The only problem is lint gets stuck between the screen and screen protector.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    Actually I recommend rooting it and flashing if you feel confident. You can do a lot more things like wireless tether, overclocking/underclocking, ad blocking, temp monitoring and tons of customization like being able to select different icons, themes, and boot logos. If you ever consider rooting/flashing I can send you some information via PM.

    As far as some of the apps I recommend:

    Dropbox - Easily share files between your phone and PC.
    Go SMS - A free SMS app that is a lot better than the stock Android texting app.
    Executive Assistant - Keeps email, Facebook, Twitter ect; all organized in one widget.
    Skype Mobile - Allows you to IM and make International calls.
    Air Control - Fun aviation themed game.
    WHERE - Great for traveling, it gives you movie theater info, places to eat, stay, drink, hotels ect.
    Locate My Droid - Allows you to find your phone via GPS.
    Google Maps/Navigation
    Bump - Allows you to easily share contacts and apps
    Photoshop Express
    Yellow Pages
    FM Radio
    Barcode scanner- Allows you to scan barcodes and get prices ect.

    Also I ended up going with Zagg I only needed screen protection and it works pretty good. The only problem is lint gets stuck between the screen and screen protector.
    I'll get to rooting it eventually. I'm just trying to adjust to this OS from my ****ty Palm.

    I already have Where, PS express, Barcode Scanner. FM radio came preinstalled but I really don't want it. I also have Air Control, Bump, and Plane Finder (which is the **** for spotting). The Executive thing doesn't apply as I have neither a twitter or a facebook. Is there any other badass apps to consider?

    As for the Zagg, you sure you got that thing on good enough? I never had that issue with my Palm. It's supposed to be a second skin. Maybe trying to re-apply would fix the problem? It's only baby shampoo and water to apply.
    Last edited by wunaladreamin; 03-13-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

  5. #20
    Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Copiague, NY
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    I'll get to rooting it eventually. I'm just trying to adjust to this OS from my ****ty Palm.

    I already have Where, PS express, Barcode Scanner. FM radio came preinstalled but I really don't want it. I also have Air Control, Bump, and Plane Finder (which is the **** for spotting). The Executive thing doesn't apply as I have neither a twitter or a facebook. Is there any other badass apps to consider?

    As for the Zagg, you sure you got that thing on good enough? I never had that issue with my Palm. It's supposed to be a second skin. Maybe trying to re-apply would fix the problem? It's only baby shampoo and water to apply.
    I actually got the Zagg from Best Buy and had them install it and it looked fine. I have heard of other users having this problem and they said if I send in my current one they'll send me another protector.

    Here are some more apps:

    Tinyshark - shh! No one is supposed to know
    Wallpaper rotator- Rotates your wallpaper
    Remote RDP- Allows you to remote into your pc
    Google Goggles- Pretty cool camera landmark app
    Camera 360
    Xplane- Expensive but its pretty cool

    If you browse the market you'll find some more cool stuff here is the web version of the market so you can browse on your computer https://market.android.com/
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

  6. #21
    Senior Member seahawks7757's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edgewood, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,241
    Me, I have words with friends. Got foursquare last night. Tower Raiders is a good game.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Posts
    3,027
    Nice guys! Thanks!!! I'm still trying to adjust to everything on this phone lol.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

  8. #23
    Senior Member NIKV69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Posts
    4,258
    Epic bump I have joined the Android family! Still getting used to apps but I love Tweetcaster so far. Totally epic We need Alfano back!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Posts
    3,027
    Nick...PLANEFINDER! Oh and Feed Bananas to Obama lol
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

  10. #25
    Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Copiague, NY
    Posts
    1,211
    We might be another man down, my Droid X is bricked lol.
    Last edited by Fighting_falcon_51; 07-01-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

  11. #26
    Senior Member Derf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Miller Place N.Y.
    Posts
    4,534
    You guys are dropping like fly's! 2 guys at work had their droids die in the last week, My wifes died 2 days ago and this is the 3rd phone in 1 1/2 years and had to get a new phone... the rocket scientist got another droid and a different guy had to go thru 3 droids to get a new good one.

    I had to return one iPhone 4 due to a bent pin when it was given to me but it worked, charged and transferred flawlessly still. I do not know anyone who had to return an iPhone besides me but hear Android issues daily...and many of them. I feel bad for you guys. It is never to late to switch to the DARK SIDE.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

  12. #27
    Senior Member Derf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Miller Place N.Y.
    Posts
    4,534
    Ken, can you call me tonight after 7pm?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

  13. #28
    Senior Member NIKV69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Posts
    4,258
    I will fight Apple to the bitter end. As I will flip flops and Priuses!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    300
    I have a Samsung Epic 4G and love it. Im probably going to get a Samsung Galaxy S 2 or a Motorola Photon when they come out next month. I also have an Asus Eee Pad Transformer, which I am using to type this post. Lol This thing absolutely rocks!

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8,285
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    I will fight Apple to the bitter end. As I will flip flops and Priuses!
    I'm wearing flipflops right now Nick while on my iPhone ;)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •