Thread: Anybody flown LGA-CAE on DL?

Anybody flown LGA-CAE on DL?

I was just curious if anybody has ever flown this route. So far to get to Columbia, I have been talking us airways out of ISP-PHL-CAE, which is always a long layover in PHL. Or I have taken B6 from JFK-CLT and driving down to Columbia. I know that not many people fly this route, but why in the world is there only ONE flight in the entire metro area to CAE and it leaves at 835 pm. It just does not make any sense to me. Share your thoughts.

Re: Anybody flown LGA-CAE on DL?

Columbia is not a city with too much demand really from any city that would encourage a large frequency or even a large jet..... For that reason most carriers with exception of USAirways are going to have severely limited service there.... The reason Delta might have this flight blocked for that particular time might be to time up with all of the European and South American inbounds to fill it with connection passengers... I am too lazy to look but I would venture to bet that the CAE-JFK segment is also either a early AM flight or a departure between 1300 and 1630 or so to feed the outbound international flights.... In reality.... it would be easier for most to just go to ATL on one of the RJ's that goes there for Delta from CAE and connect onwards for other time periods, destinations etc... So pretty muchb to sum it up what I am saying is that the flight probably only exists at JFK to feed and offload on codeshare and international connections for Delta out of JFK that might be going to CAE..... Most people in the metro are probably going to just use US from LGA to CLT or Delta to ATL for the onward otherwise.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"