Thread: Former NHL Enforcer Bob Probert Dead at age 45

Former NHL Enforcer Bob Probert Dead at age 45

Sad news in the hockey world tonight as former Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks enforcer Bob Probert has passed away at the age of 45.
    According to CKLW AM 800, Probert was on his boat in Lake St. Clair this afternoon when he collapsed. A call was made around 3 p.m. according to Probert's agent Pat Ducharme and fire and EMS crews began performing CPR on him when they arrived. By the time they reached Windsor Regional Hospital, Probert was absent of vital signs.
    In a brief statement, a family spokesman said that Probert was on the boat with his family this afternoon, including his four children and in-laws when he began experiencing serious chest pains.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...n=nhl%2c253783

Re: Former NHL Enforcer Bob Probert Dead at age 45

I'm pretty down about this. Bob was half of the Bruise Brothers, made up of him and my #1 favorite player of all time, Joe Kocur. Very sad to see him go, especially at such a young age. He didn't have an easy time in life, and I hope that his final years were better ones.
    I won a copy of the book, "Bruise Brothers", signed by both Joe and Bob. I'll have to pull it out and give it another read.

Great article about him: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackha ... guy-off-it

Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Former NHL Enforcer Bob Probert Dead at age 45

His battles with Tie Domi are legendary!!