Thread: Char Griller Grills

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Char Griller Grills

anyone here own a Char-Griller grill? i need a new one and to satisfy the people that i'm living with i want to get this one:

it's half propane and half charcoal. i like cooking out on charcoal while others are tired of waiting and want the convenience of a home stove.

how's the quality of the grill itself? will it stand up to being outside for years? how easy is it to remove ash fro the charcoal half?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Char Griller Grills

I've never heard of this brand before. I've had Ducan...rip off and Char Broil which has outlasted my Ducan. As long as you cover it any decent grill will last. I do like that idea of half and half..you can switch teams as you wish ;)

There Tom goes talking about how he likes to handle his meats again! ;) :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

That's an interesting idea, although I've never heard of the brand. I will however agree with Tommy...Ducane grills suck! I fell for it a few years ago, even keeping it covered, it was falling apart after 2 1/2 years. I've had a Char Broil now for 3 years, and it barely shows it's age. A good cleaning every few months, and she's good to go!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

http://www.amazon.com/Char-Griller-5050 ... ewpoints=1

Matt, have you read the reviews here? I like it since the negatives are pretty clearly noted but yet you see a lot of people are pretty happy with it.

I love the idea but my CharBroiler is 6 years young and still kicks butt.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

mario thanks for the link. i saw it in Lowes the other night and was somewhat turned away. i don't know if it was because of the way someone put it together or if the design is just backwards but the tray to dump ash from was mounted to the bottom of the gas side of the grill. that alone was enough to keep my from buying it. so it's back to searching for me, if anyone has any ideas on a gas/charcoal hybrid grill i'm all ears.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Weber all the way Matt

Kenmore has a gas/charcoal grill... forget how much it is...