Thread: British Airways to offer intra-US business jet connections

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

British Airways to offer intra-US business jet connections

British Airways is opening an exclusive business-jet service in North America to give premium customers onward access to destinations within the USA and other parts of the continent.
    The airline is establishing the service, designated PrivateConnect, in partnership with Cessna division CitationAir.
    BA says the service will operate on an instantaneous pay-per-trip basis, taking advantage of a fleet of business aircraft.
    Director of strategy Robert Boyle says the scheme illustrates the carrier's "dedication to flying our customers in style", adding that they will be able to avoid up-front jet hire charges and other long-term commitments.
    Passengers will be able to book a private jet and travel straight away. As well as airports in the mainland USA, the range of destinations will include points in the Caribbean, southern Canada and Mexico.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... tions.html
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Re: British Airways to offer intra-US business jet connections

I think this follows Deltas announcement by a few days.

So customers can order a biz-jet in 24, or less that 24 hours notice? I'm curious if there would be a direct-connect at JFK or EWR. Doesn't the NY/NJPA require three days notice for a flight plan out of the three Metro airports?
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewild
    So customers can order a biz-jet in 24, or less that 24 hours notice? I'm curious if there would be a direct-connect at JFK or EWR. Doesn't the NY/NJPA require three days notice for a flight plan out of the three Metro airports?
    No direct connections. From the article: "BA says it will offer a chauffeured car to customers transferring from its regular network service to a PrivateConnect flight."
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9