Thread: Costa Rica: Anybody been?

Costa Rica: Anybody been?

A college friend called me last night and I wound up booking a four-day excursion to Costa Rica (I need new friends...).

We get into San Jose on Saturday evening and leave for the states next Wednesday morning. Has anybody ever been to CR? We're looking at staying at a place 3 hours from the city that is right next to the Arenal volcano but don't really have any plans beyond that. Suggestions and stories are welcome.

I was also just reading up on the Department of State's description of the country and have to admit that I'm not too enthused about the reputation for crime. It's my first trip to a developing country, so I'm not quite sure WHAT to expect.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Re: Costa Rica: Anybody been?

Brian, never been but have an English speaking friend who lives in San Jose, he is also an accompolished aviation photoag and student pilot, if you want me to e-mail him and have him contact you I can?

Have fun

LGA777

Re: Costa Rica: Anybody been?

Ron, that'd be great! Tell him to shoot a quick email to [email protected], I'd love to chat with him.

My friend has a friend from Costa Rica who's hooking us up with recommendations, but we don't actually know anybody who will be down there. An English-speaking local point of contact would be good to have. Somebody else to hang out with too!

Thanks Ron.
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle