Thread: Iceland Express KEWR PIX 6/2/2010

Iceland Express KEWR PIX 6/2/2010

Greetings Humans,
    Went out to get the Iceland Express 737-700 today. They started their Seasonal Service (KEWR-BIKF). Unfortunately they brought in the all white 757 yesterday but today they utilized their 737-700. As always the weather crapped out on me and left me with 100 percent garbage pics. ISO/400 and 60th/sec and 40th/sec and loads of frustration were my only companions- oh and some guy named Bill in Ivory Tower. I was hoping to get this one in nice light to bring out that beautiful orange and that classic old looking tail logo. Maybe next time. It was so dark you can see the cabin lit up. I also got my first United Parcel Service MD-11 in (New Colors). This pleased me greatly.

Senga

Re: Iceland Express KEWR PIX 6/2/2010

I didn't make out any better, ISO800

Re: Iceland Express KEWR PIX

Nice catch, forgot about that. Odd that they brought a 75, the 73 will be the normal visitor.

Super cheap fares if you can still get them. $399 r/t including tax to a bunch of cities in Europe through June. You just have to be willing to spend a lot of time in a little plane, with a layover in Iceland....9 1/2 hours to London, about 12 hours coming back. For $399 maybe worth it but regular price is comparable to nonstops... no way.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Sheesh Bill was at 800ISO and I was at 400ISO. Why did we even bother!
    At at least you had a background there.
    BTW the plane came in 10 minutes after sunset. It was supposed to arrive at 7pm- Brutal....Just Brutal
    Senga

Both aircraft are leased from Astreus airlines , STRN turned up at Glasgow for a few days during the ash cloud , never managed a shot of :(
    I believe that the 757 will have been OJIB and was used by Iron Maiden for their tour a couple of years ago and Bruce Dickinson actually piloted it

Came by Monday with some decent light...

"Keep 'em Flying"