Thread: Baltia Air Lines Posts Video of New Plane and JFK Office

Baltia Air Lines Posts Video of New Plane and JFK Office

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Baltia Air Lines Posts Video of New Plane and JFK Office

The aircraft was parked at the Evergreen Air Center / Pinal Air Park / Marana (KMZJ) on 1st May when I did a few low-approaches in a Cessna 172:

(the tail to the left in the background in the movie is the Pratt & Whitney 747SP testbed, also parked there on 1st May)

To be honest, I thought that the airplane was going for part out - surprised to learn that a clapped out old PIA 747-200 is going to be put back to work!

Andy

Hopefully they leave it in basic PIA livery, that would be one awesome hybrid.

Very interesting news, I thought the company was Russian, but it looks like it will be US-based. Probably owned by Russians?

Man!! I hope it stays in the PK scheme!!! that will be very thrill!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757
    Very interesting news, I thought the company was Russian, but it looks like it will be US-based. Probably owned by Russians?
    Correct, founded by a guy named Igor Dmitrowsky, they were actually based out of his apartment in Queens until they got an office in JFK Terminal 4 a few months ago.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Mario,
    Hopefully they leave it in basic PIA livery, that would be one awesome hybrid.
    I hope its in a full fledged livery. Personally I hope that PIA paint is completely removed. In fact I'd rather have it all white with black titles than a hybrid look.

I can see it now:
    Flight plane:filed....KMJZ-KJFK.....
    22L arrival...
    TOUCH DOWN!
    ..........Operating certificate revoked!
    It will fly back to KMJZ after dark 2 days later.
    Did you get your pix??

Senga

On Monday, Baltia applied for weekly service between JFK and Moscow. They plan on launching it immediately upon FAA certification (and their plane being flyable) to supplement their weekly St. Petersburg service.

Read the filing: http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/ ... ntType=pdf

Tentative schedule
    St Petersburg
    Depart JFK 16:00 Friday
    Arrive LED 08:00 Saturday

Depart LED 11:00 Sunday
    Arrive JFK 13:00 Sunday

Moscow
    Depart JFK 16:00 Tuesday
    Arrive SVO 08:40 Wednesday

Depart SVO 11:00 Thursday
    Arrive JFK 14:00 Thursday

As Scanderbeg learned last summer, operating a single plane for multiple routes can turn into a disaster when the plane breaks down.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    On Monday, Baltia applied for weekly service between JFK and Moscow. They plan on launching it immediately upon FAA certification (and their plane being flyable) to supplement their weekly St. Petersburg service.

Read the filing: http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/ ... ntType=pdf

Tentative schedule
    St Petersburg
    Depart JFK 16:00 Friday
    Arrive LED 08:00 Saturday

Depart LED 11:00 Sunday
    Arrive JFK 13:00 Sunday

Moscow
    Depart JFK 16:00 Tuesday
    Arrive SVO 08:40 Wednesday

Depart SVO 11:00 Thursday
    Arrive JFK 14:00 Thursday

As Scanderbeg learned last summer, operating a single plane for multiple routes can turn into a disaster when the plane breaks down.
    It looks like the aircraft will have some decent ground time unless they are planning on using it for other trips. 51 & 26 hours on the ground at JFK from Sun-Tues and Thurs-Fri respectively, 27 at LED and 26+20 at SVO.

But, there's the old saying that planes that aren't flying aren't making money. That is an awful lot of ground time, that the aircraft could be flying. There's also the belief that planes that sit for a while have a tendency to break more. On one hand, if there are mx problems it should give them enough time to fix them. LED and SVO should also have adequate 747 mx available, and anything major would probably be taken care of back at JFK. Even if problems are discovered before a flight, there is sufficient "slip" time built in on the ground in each city to allow the aircraft to delay, even up to a whole day, unless they plan on using the same crew, which is entirely possible/probable. In that case hopefully they have some kind of reserve or rent-a-747 crew available!

Yea that's when North American Comes in...Just like they did with Scanderbeg.

Senga

LOL.. Senga you are on a roll today... spot on with both your posts. get your shots ASAP...
    "Keep 'em Flying"

NLovis

Interesting. I'll need to look around tomorrow. Wonder what the scheme will be when its painted. At work cant see video.