Thread: LCY Spotting

LCY Spotting

I flew from ZRH to LCY on LX ARJ. LCY is quite busy despite its small size. When I landed, there were about a dozen ARJ, Fokker-50 and BA E-170/190 jets. After a few days of business in London, I left on the Speedbird 3 LCY->SNN->JFK.

Busy LCY ramp

Take off and taxi

My ride home

Close up of G-EUNA

Re: LCY Spotting

Awesome. Love me some Avros.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

Ah NA. I remember when it came in on its maiden flight. Had the cannons and everything. did not have my camera on me that day though. But somehow I wound up handling that maiden flight. Pretty cool to be one of the 1st to handle a brand new flight on its 1st run. I also had the honor of handling 491's 1st flight into JFK :D I also somehow got her sisters maiden flight (bird strike included) G-EUNB. Was going to take pics that night but a port guy told me to put the camera away. We wouldnt have known except for the small feather stuck on a blade. Then we found the blood streaks. Yea that was an eventful maiden flight for her. 1st flight and a bird strike to the #1 :lol:

NLovis: interesting story. So what happened after the bird strike was discovered? Did they have to do more inspections to the engine? Did the return flight got delayed?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Love me some Avros is spot on!! I know LCY got avros but to see all those tails lined up is orgasmic!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by JZ1
    NLovis: interesting story. So what happened after the bird strike was discovered? Did they have to do more inspections to the engine? Did the return flight got delayed?
    Yup 002 never happened that day and they had to check everything over. 2 days before it left.