Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New York-Kennedy (JFK) Daily Notable Visitors Report 2010-2011

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Re: New York-Kennedy (JFK) Daily Notable Visitors Report 2010

Looks like RAM brought their B747-400 into JFK today.
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/RAM202
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Saudia 747SP
    Comlux A319 (HNL-JFK nonstop !)

Yes, I spotted the Saudia 747SP as well on July 14 around 1600 departing for Riyadh. I believe it was HZ-AJP. Also spotted Jet Blue" 10th Anniversary A320, N569JB

I was trying to spot the BA B744 with a soccer ball painted on the nose but security guards are not cooperative towards us spotters. So far, I haven't seen it and missed "Wunala" as a result. I missed "Wunala" the weeks before QFA ended their B744 service to LAX. I am aware that they now use a lowly Airbus instead. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    I was trying to spot the BA B744 with a soccer ball painted on the nose but security guards are not cooperative towards us spotters. So far, I haven't seen it and missed "Wunala" as a result.
    Umm, this must be an old post, as "Wunala" and all the other Qantas 747's have stopped flying to JFK effective July 5th. They fly the A330 here now.

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

NLovis

Saudi SP over at the 3 hangers. Idk when it is leaving but its on the ground at JFK. Side note i hope to finish sorting through my photos tonight or tomorrow. Then I will flood :lol:

Edit. Cathay cargo "Silver Bullet" just touched town on 13L

Saw interesting aircraft at JFK on July 27. First I saw the SIA B744 bearing "Star Alliance" on its fuselage in bold letters, Reg. 9V-SPP. Later I spotted Turkish Airlines TC-JJB with "Official Sponsor FC Barcelona" on its fuselage. Next, I saw Swissair's HB-JMJ, with a colorful livery called "Flower Power". I was glad to see Air Jamaica still bearing her colorful livery. How much longer until they will be re-painted into "Caribbean Airways" logo?

LH operated a 777F on their FRA-JFK-FRA cargo rotation this am. Flights were #8160, and #8161. I did not see this plane, wondering which carrier operated it (Aerologic?)

Yes it was BOX B772F. Of course it would come in while I was 4 hours south. Also missed the AFR Cargo B744F that came in the same day. Senga

Try to view the China Eastern A346 in a very colorful Shanghai Expo 2010 livery. It says "Better City, Better Life". Reg. B-6055. It visited JFK last Friday Aug. 6 but the aircraft are rotated. At least when the ANA "Pokemon" B744 used to come to JFK, it was posted in advance on their website. Good luck!

Hi all - long time no post.

I was up on the roof of my apartment trying out Tethered Shooting on Lightroom and the Etihad Grand Prix A346 flew over. I believe it was ETD101, so she should be on the ground by now.

Just a heads up.

Nice catch Conor! Glad to see you back. Hope all is well.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

NLovis
    C-17 still at the triple hangers as of 7PM 9/8/10

Went to Brighton Beach to bid farewell to summer yesterday and get some sun. Saw some great aircraft. Sadly, my crappy point-and-shoot camera was of little help but I noticed some unusual arrivals. There were 2 CCA B744's arriving past the beach. I thought I was hallucinating. Their regular flight arrived but there was a flight, CCA30 from KADW around 1424 as well. Then, I noticed several European inbounds. I checked on Passur and noticed that Rwy 22L was closed intermittently I guess due to VIP aircraft. I was surprised to see a Swiss A333, as well as the BAW A318. Both are rarely seen using Rwy 13L. When 22L finally re-opened I missed KLM, the AirFrance A388. Even by car with all the traffic, it's impossible to drive out from Brighton to the Mounds in time. You can't be in 2 places at the same time.It was a delightful day and so is the prediction for Saturday. Regards to my fellow spotters; especially those who always post such great photos. This site is the reason I bought a laptop. Phil does such a wonderful job!
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2010-09-24 at 06:33 AM.