Page 158 of 221 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

How's this for our "sleepy" little airport. At 1am last night, on the ground was N707JT - the beloved 707, N725KS - the Tex Sutton horse charter 727, AND N724YS - another 727-200 bringing the San Jose Sharks hockey team in to play the Islanders. Too bad that one did a dump and run over to EWR. Bill, any shots yet???

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Too bad that one did a dump and run over to EWR.
    San Jose plays Rangers Monday night so they will leave from there.
    Who was the S-76 that came on Runway 14 at 12:35AM this morning?

Isaac......beautiful set of N707JT departing. The first and second shots as awesome. Glad to see someone was there to catch it departing. Would have been interesting seeing the Haiti scene in the snow.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by GrummanFan View Post
    I love the second one! Beautiful, I wish I could have been there...
    It was a lot of fun but damn was it nasty out. Cold and rainy and then started to snow as they taxied to 14. Looked like they were having a little difficulty hooking up the tug line to position
    the plane to the taxiway. And they were given the "Cleared for Takeoff" as soon as they got in position. It was funny as everyone raced out of the AAM parking lot to get ourselves in
    position. Too bad the ceiling was so low as they disappeared pretty much as they crossed the numbers of 32 but still was pretty AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    Hey Fred ... Do you have any shots of the inside of the tower? Always wondered if its still like ye 'old days, or just an empty shell. .. Great pics too!!
    Please do not mind the 707 outside as I know it looks a little out of place
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Wow. That's awesome. It looks amazing. I thought it would be falling apart and paint coming off the walls. Thank you very much

No problem, Here is a video of the takeoff I took this morning
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Awesome video Fred...........I turned up my volume full blast to hear the sound. Ahhh...............it was great!!!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Awesome video Fred...........I turned up my volume full blast to hear the sound. Ahhh...............it was great!!!
    From where I stood on New Highway you could barely see the headlights of the aircraft but once they cranked those engines up...............

Here are a few more that I finally got to.

US Marines

It paid off going to FRG early in the morning to catch some fantastic light and glad I brought my ladder for some of these shots.

Mark
    Queens, NY

Great shots everybody & Derf love the departure video, especially the AWESOME sound effects. One thing that impressed me in terms of the shows attention to detail is the fake windows as part of the plastic covering since N707JT is missing quite a few windows. Now two unrealted questions. Since I am only vaguely familiar with FRQ approx what percentage of the runway would those familiar say the Boeing used to get airborne? Second question since the tail could not be covered because of some kind of rudder re-balancing afterwords anyone here if they are going to use computer graphics for an accurate Pan Am tail or if they are just going to not have the tail in the actual shots? Sure looking forward to that episode !

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    FRED!!!! You are the BLOODY MAN!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!! THat was just great!@!! I was in the office treating a patient for a nasty ocular infection (incidentally, I was actually taking a picture of the infected cornea) when I heard it thunder past the office and remarked, "there goes Travolta's Jet." THe individual responded, "Oh, foe the Pan Am shoot? I was an extra in one of the shows."

I wished Id have seen it but my blood would even handle that cold!!! You are awesome!!! I love you man!!!! That is SUPREME dedication!!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777 View Post
    Since I am only vaguely familiar with FRQ approx what percentage of the runway would those familiar say the Boeing used to get airborne? Second question since the tail could not be covered because of some kind of rudder re-balancing afterwords anyone here if they are going to use computer graphics for an accurate Pan Am tail or if they are just going to not have the tail in the actual shots? Sure looking forward to that episode !
    That's a 6800 foot runway, Ron, and it looks like they used about half of it. Not sure about the tail - I heard it wouldn't appear in any shots, but I also heard mention that they would CGI it if necessary. This was listed as Episode 8 on their schedule, but they have already swapped the order of two episodes earlier this season, so I wouldn't necessarily rely on the episode number to determine when it will run.

Great coverage of this special visitor this week guys. Fred great videos!!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I'm surprised that they went through all the trouble to bring the 707 up here. The TV show has used some extremely impressive CGI and I would think this would have been able to be accomplished the same way.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].