Page 64 of 221 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008/2009

Nice shots, John. I must have driven right past you Sunday - I was at SheltAir when he fired up, then ran down around New Highway to the terminal lot for the departure.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Nice shots, John. I must have driven right past you Sunday - I was at SheltAir when he fired up, then ran down around New Highway to the terminal lot for the departure.
    I was kind of surprised I was the only one at the end of New Highway. When he was in position 2 minivans stopped by with kids to watch, but I was the only one at that vantage point with a camera.

BTW: thanks for the VH-60 info!

12:33AM "737" on final to 1-4. Watched as the well lit jet passed west of my house. Figured it was the Islanders returning from DC after a nice OT victory against the Caps. Headed back inside then heard another "737 in the area" ask the "Biscayne that just landed let us know when you have finished back taxing so we can land". At 12:41 the second 737 came in on 1-4. So one 737 was the Isles returning from DC and the other was the Sabres flying in from Buffalo after their OT win against the Maple Leafs.
    Nice. And I was by FRG early this aft. and saw the Isles had all their own vehicles as opposed to the team bus I saw last Sunday. Wonder if they gave any Sabres a lift? :lol: :lol:

1:35AM "Stingray 651" the Emb 120 A/C shuttle landed 1-4.

Biscayne 570 departed Runway 1-4 around 2:10PM on a pretty blustery day with pilots reporting wind shear around
    1900 feet. I guess another plane will be coming in later to pick up the Sabres.

Air Canada jet being used by Edmonton Oilers sitting in the back of Atlantic ramp. Go around to the front of Hangar 5 and you can get a good look at the nose. Used by U2 during their "360" Tour it still has the U2 livery and writing underneath the cockpit "Running Down The Road Like Loose Electricity" a lyric from their song "Breathe".

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Air Canada jet being used by Edmonton Oilers sitting in the back of Atlantic ramp. Go around to the front of Hangar 5 and you can get a good look at the nose. Used by U2 during their "360" Tour it still has the U2 livery and writing underneath the cockpit "Running Down The Road Like Loose Electricity" a lyric from their song "Breathe".
    Sounds like AC is running the U2 through the whole rotation of their hockey charters. The Devils were using it for awhile, also.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Lousy weather, but at least I got a shot of her...does this make me the "Senga of FRG"?

That plane was there to bring the Edmonton Oilers in to destroy the Islanders.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Keep dreaming Phil.. dont forget we SOMEHOW shut out the sabers the other night!!.. and we are on winning streak.. and slowly catching up :mrgreen:

Stopped by Sheltair to eat lunch today and saw a Coast Guard Jayhawk from Cape Cod on the ramp. Was there long enough to see her fire up and lift off to the East.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Lousy weather, but at least I got a shot of her...does this make me the "Senga of FRG"?

Sorry Moose, there is no fence in this picture. Until you get the rare shot with the fence in it, we cannot label you a Senga clone. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    That plane was there to bring the Edmonton Oilers in to destroy the Islanders.
    Isles win 3-1, fourth win in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    As far as I know, the Trump 727 has barely moved from its LGA parking spot this summer. I suspect Donald has been sneaking out to FRG for some more economical transport. No way to tell for sure, but I think it's safe to say the economic collapse, particularly in real estate, has erased a large chunk of his wealth. Some of his properties, i.e. Trump Las Vegas, were struggling before everything went down the toilet.
    Donald has been using a Embraer Legacy and an occasional Gulfstream in two variations from time to time.

Also, on another note, it is not schedluled to fly to often but the newest, well second newest G550 in existance as of date of my posting is now based at FRG. N1LB. It belongs to a company that makes tampons and they are extremely secrative about their operations. I wont say where she is hangered at the airport but I will say she is in company of two other 550's a 4 and a 3 on the property in which she is hangered. The same company that owns her also has a pair of Falcon's. A 50EX and a 900EX. This 550 has it's own personal round the clock guard for it. She will not be flying very often but defineately keep a look out for her. She is going to be a very rare catch for a while.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Also, on another note, it is not schedluled to fly to often but the newest, well second newest G550 in existance as of date of my posting is now based at FRG. N1LB. It belongs to a company that makes tampons and they are extremely secrative about their operations. I wont say where she is hangered at the airport but I will say she is in company of two other 550's a 4 and a 3 on the property in which she is hangered. The same company that owns her also has a pair of Falcon's. A 50EX and a 900EX. This 550 has it's own personal round the clock guard for it. She will not be flying very often but defineately keep a look out for her. She is going to be a very rare catch for a while.
    I saw it there yesterday, so I have a good inkling of where its located.

On a related note, that particular bird was originally destined for Lehman Brothers, in fact the original delivery date was exactly 1 week after they went belly up. Glad to know it has a new home. I'm sure the new owners got a great deal on it.