Page 151 of 221 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Now it looks like it will not be tonight.... Sorry folks
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

We are the same group of people who complain when we get kicked off of public property shooting, and find every excuse we can to get aviation information. Isn't this secret sharades thing a tad silly? We all know it is a privately held part 91 Boeing 707 with a 121 scheme already on it. Only one of those around. If this was supposed to be secret, the folks at SheltAir wouldnt say anything about it and it wouldnt be dribbled all over the internet.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

When I was over at FRG on Friday for the EA-6B I saw 2 sets of photographers. 1 set was in a yellow mick-up near the end of the runway, and the other set was on the very corner of where the small planes are parked about midway down the runway .. either of those groups Fred or Moose? I was standing in the back of a grey Pick up on New Highway.

uMM.. Shelt air is not talking, I do not know where you get your info but do know why you do not like Shelt.

As per photographers, Moose and I were by the small planes.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    uMM.. Shelt air is not talking, I do not know where you get your info but do know why you do not like Shelt.

As per photographers, Moose and I were by the small planes.
    I started out behind a big red truck, and then pulled away after 10 minutes to get a better spot.

From "Onloactionvacations" posted on October 22, 2011.
    Today we heard through the grapevine that Pan Am will be returning to the Republic Airport in Long Island next week. The show spent several days earlier this year filming the “Cuba” scenes from the pilot episode at the airport as well.
    But, this time the shoot sounds even more intriguing because we’ve also heard they will be using a Boeing 707 owned by John Travolta in the scenes! From what we understand, it sounds like they will cover the plane in a vinyl wrap to give it the famous Pan Am markings, without having to actually paint it.
    Filming is scheduled to take place Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night and rumor has it this time the airport will fill in for Haiti.
    http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...ene-this-week/

Quote Originally Posted by Fly2e View Post

I read mechanical issues kept the plane from coming in last night. Lets hope we can get a warning before its due into FRG so we can catch it.

Just wondering as I am not familiar with take off requirements for the 707 but isn't that airplane a little "big" for KFRG's runway?

FRG's 14-32 is 6800' long and can handle the 707. FRG's issue....at least until the taxiway improvement project is done (if it's not already)...is the narrow taxiways and lack of clearance space. But it will probably be towed to parking from 1-19 after clearing 14-32. That is assuming they are filming over by the AAM?

What I am wondering is that for these "Haiti" scenes why not just use ISP? The old 40's era hangars at the west side would be a good stand, as they're very rustic looking nowadays. Also I think ISP is a bit more secure for keeping the unwashed masses away, plus JT has used the Excel Ramp right there before as we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly2e View Post

You do realize that when they refer to the "grapevine", that means most likely they got that info from this thread?

Most likley yes

From what I can see (just my opinion).............the bird has plenty of room. RWY 32-14 is 6833' x 150', and given the fact it doesn't carry passengers and baggage like in the olden days, the birds take-off weight would be far less.

I wonder what reg ID they are going to slap on the aircraft .... N707PA????
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Negative Mark but I can not talk about it on an open forum...sorry

Mark, I do not have your contact info for some reason... When I lost my phone I also lost that info, Can you Send me a txt with your info please

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    uMM.. Shelt air is not talking,
    You should tell them that. I flew out of Sheltair on Sunday, and heard all about it. Only sorry I couldn't stay around long enough to watch it arrive.