Page 108 of 221 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    Wow this thread has been dead!
    Not much action at FRG today but the AAM's T-6 rolled out after the storms hit.
    Thats cos I've been out of town on vacay. :lol:
    Came out of the movies with my wife yesterday and did a quick run-around. Saw the Trump 76 depart NW
    out of Atlantic around 2ish.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

fred, love the P-51 shots!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

XB-RRC is sitting on Sheltair's ramp. And there was an HH-65 on the ramp today at around 2:20.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    XB-RRC is sitting on Sheltair's ramp.
    Sorry gang, I've been a bit busy at work and have shirked my reporting duties.
    Along with XB-RRC, here are two other rare visitors to Farmingdale this past week.

First off: XB-RRC - Gulfstream - G2SP

Next up: N69 - King Air 300 operated by the FAA

Finally, the catch of the week: YV2152 - Venezuelan CJ2

forgive me for asking, what could be a dumb question, but are these specific planes rare, or is it that these types of planes dont come into FRG often?

If it is these specific planes, what makes them so special? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55
    forgive me for asking, what could be a dumb question, but are these specific planes rare, or is it that these types of planes dont come into FRG often?

If it is these specific planes, what makes them so special? Thanks.
    We see these types of planes all the time at FRG, the rare parts are:
    1) Mexican registered bizjets are few and far between in this neck of the woods.

2) Venezuelan registered bizjets are even in here even less. (there are only about 125 bizjets according to LAAS Corporate Jet register) http://www.laasdata.com/corpjet/

3) The FAA King Air (and the rest of it's fleet) ae constantly hopping around the country. Checking airport infrastructure, approaches, etc. If you see it at the same airport more than 3-4 times a year that's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    We see these types of planes all the time at FRG, the rare parts are:
    1) Mexican registered bizjets are few and far between in this neck of the woods.

2) Venezuelan registered bizjets are even in here even less. (there are only about 125 bizjets according to LAAS Corporate Jet register) http://www.laasdata.com/corpjet/

3) The FAA King Air (and the rest of it's fleet) ae constantly hopping around the country. Checking airport infrastructure, approaches, etc. If you see it at the same airport more than 3-4 times a year that's a lot.
    I had a feeling thats what it was. thank you for clarifying.

Tonight there may be an aurora (borealis) passing thru, There will be a big green army type helicopter doing runs tomorrow all day with troops, Saturday there will be 4 bugs arriving around 4pm and the following week there will be some inbound meteors. Holy Cosmic dust Batman!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Tonight there may be an aurora (borealis) passing thru, There will be a big green army type helicopter doing runs tomorrow all day with troops, Saturday there will be 4 bugs arriving around 4pm and the following week there will be some inbound meteors. Holy Cosmic dust Batman!
    Nice to hear about the 4 Bugs arriving at FRG on Saturday !!
    I'm hoping they'll stay overnight and depart later in the afternoon on Sunday!!

hmmm 4 bugs Saturday....looking forward to that.
    Had a US Marines, CH-53 take off here today around 4:30pm, almost snapped my neck to look out the window. The sound was definitely something I wasn't used to hearing.
    They just came back! Landed Sheltair at 5:18pm. Not sure how long they are staying. Hopefully til I'm out of the office...but somehow I doubt it.
    Last edited by lijk604; 2010-08-05 at 05:18 PM. Reason: updated info

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Wow I was there today and it was completely quiet when I was there.

I was planning to be over by FRG tomorrow is there a good particular spot to watch the troop heli?
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Wow!! Must have been a SUPER Stallion with 3 engines!!! Yes 3 engines!! LOL Love that copter!!! What were they doing around here?
    And BUGS Saturday? 4 (FOUR) BUGS? Already trying to arrange my schedule!!!
    But what the heck is the "Meteor"?

Any word on when the bugs are staying until?
    ken

Quote Originally Posted by gettysburgerrn View Post
    Any word on when the bugs are staying until?
    ken
    Negitive

LABOR DAY at the AAM

Lets just say that you want to be there... I know what they are trying for and if they get 1/3 of what is planned, you will be using a British Accent for a month. Lets just say that the Spitfire planned is now a minor attraction! No More info at this time can be released but I am smiling!!!!! Put in for some weekends off at work now!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Well, the Vulcan Bomber has always been HIGH on my wish list of British aircraft to see !!! Ha !!
    Of course I know it will NEVER cross the pond, but here's a cool video of it flying at RIAT last month
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XodlwZsUC8U

BTW Fred, what weekends are we talking about, if all of these AAM plans work out ????
    September is already a busy month for me with airshows at Greenwood Lake and Oceana !!
    Last edited by Chris S; 2010-08-06 at 10:51 AM.