Page 9 of 221 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008

ill let you know!.. im working a double tomorrow so if i see anything when i get in at 5 ill post it up.. as for the helo.. ill take some pics if DnK hasnt fixed it yet!.. hopefully the feathers are still on.. it adds to the effect

To drunk to post... Picutures coming soon from tonight.....sorry.. I do reallize that this post reall is worthless without pictures. but if you knew how many times I had to backspace typing this, you would actually understand why I did not bother to attempt. :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

So after my youngest sons hockey game and with the sun shining brightly I decided to take a ride by FRG. As I pulled up to the Atlantic area at 12:30 an ExpressJet Embraer EMB-145XR, N14162, was offloading their many passengers while a fleet of limos, SUVs and Town Cars waited, most on the tarmac. I was wondering if this was a charter coming back from the Kentucky Derby. The ownership of the winner, Big Brown, all live on Long Island. In fact a large number of private/charter jets were in and out. At one point there were 3 lined up by Talon Air offloading. The Embraer left at 1:35PM.
    The 5 T-34 Navy trainers taxied out to Runway 3-2 and by 1:40 began departing one at a time. In fact it took about 25 minutes before the last one took off. Last I heard they were being routed up to 6000 feet.
    A nice Dornier 328 that had been over by Sheltair also departed. Good looking aircraft.
    State Police helo N17SP, landed over by Hangar 5. This ship is based out of Stewart and earlier had been working east of FRG low level. They had a single pilot and flight medic (Mobile Life) on board.
    And a silver MD500 Notar landed on a dolly by Sheltair. I see it is registered to Valkyrie Helicopters in the state of Washington. Long flight. :lol:
    There was also a pretty nasty accident on Route 109 WB by New Highway. At least 3 vehicles involved including a Hummer that was on its roof.
    I saw one aided laying on the ground as PD and FD raced up and Suffolk Aviation was on standby for a medevac but then given a disregard.
    Hadnt had a busy "spotting" day like this in a long time. Finally.

All that, and you didn't stay for the horse hauler?

Today was to crazy from the get go to let everyone know what was going on, had the horse charter come in 2ce.. but that dornier was the president of liberia or something like that from africa.. so the Secret Service was all over the place.. even searched the inside of my car with out me knowing.. kinda pissed me off when i got in and found everything all over the place.. I helped take off the nasty looking blue canopy off felix and put on the new grey one!!.. still looks bad would of prefered black.. but anything is better then blue.. but one advantage to working at sheltair is this!

WOW! You are so lucky to have had a ride in a T-34!
    Looks like you had a great time up there :borat:
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    That was a T-6. I passed by and saw a guy in an ugly green shirt climbing up on it - I guess it was you!

Looks like FRG was the place to be today...I took the "mid-afternoon shift" LOL!

Here's a few of the T-34's leaving FRG

A couple of "old friends"

A new kid on the block

Crazy Italians! The props are on backwards -

This trio overflew the field...I was hoping they would land and pay a visit.

...finally the last of the day for me, the horse charter's second arrival.

Wow, Looks like you were all having all the fun!!! SWEET RIDE THERE, I was asked 4 times to go up and I have not had the time... I need a baby sitter to make the flight. Anyway, I think that is the coolest plane with coolest look! Congrats!

A Truly Amazing Pilot

You can SERIOUSLY walk around this aircraft for 2 hours and still be amazed at all the shots
    left!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Third shot of Deb is quite the peach Fred.

I just might see you tonight for the Turkey's last move. Thank the Lord for the new canopy! :borat:
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

I think a buddy of mine was captaining that Kalitta 727, he told me he was extremely busy flying horses.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    That was a T-6. I passed by and saw a guy in an ugly green shirt climbing up on it - I guess it was you!

My bad lol, I thought one of the Navy guys brought him up for a spin.
    Nice shots guys!
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Well i figured incase we crashed, they would be able to find me!.. i didnt realize how bright that shirt was until i saw the pics!

>All that, and you didn't stay for the horse hauler?<

He must have come in after I left (2:40PM). If I didnt have things to do I would have stayed longer. I love "busy" days like that when I'm hoping
    from one side to the other.

BTW, where IS Felix going?