Page 1 of 221 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Original post is here
    Today at Farmingdale (Lots of Photos. 56K = NO!)
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtop...=224&hilit=frg

Ok, figured it was time to start a new FRG thread and with an Angel in town.... :borat:

He was here to finalize the Airshow information for the 2008 Jones Beach airshow.

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008

He was here to finalize the Airshow information for the 2008 Jones Beach airshow.

When you think about it, who needs a phone, email or fax to finalize plans ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie

Hey why not take your Mach 2 fighter jet to a biz meeting, man doesn't everybody?

ALLRIGHT! allright, you got me!

I called in a favor cause things were slow at FRG :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i wonder how often those blue birds see snow.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

[i]
    Yea, phones are way too over rated!
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Here is another....should have some good ones tomorrow! :borat:

I've seen this Citation for a while now at FRG, but usually just poking out between hangars and parked aircraft down on the south side. Finally saw it Thursday out near the fence with nothing in front.

It's painted up in a military-themed paint scheme, which threw me the first time I saw it, thinking it was some military visitor, until I saw the N-number on the engine cowling. The markings on the tail carry out the military theme - 97-0231 - according to the FAA registry, it was built in 1997, and has a Cessna serial number of 0231.

Well that explains the high frequency of sightings for what I thought was a USMC VIP aircraft climbing out of Republic and why I never saw it on the visitor ramp. Cheers Moose.
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135

It's painted up in a military-themed paint scheme, which threw me the first time I saw it, thinking it was some military visitor, until I saw the N-number on the engine cowling. The markings on the tail carry out the military theme - 97-0231 - according to the FAA registry, it was built in 1997, and has a Cessna serial number of 0231.
    Moose I take it that it's legal to paint your aircraft to look like it's in the military? I mean, color scheme sure, but down to the military reggie he added...that's taking it a step to far.

If you ever see the guy who owns that and hint his initials are...M.G. Tell him you know of a certain Fedex skipper who he still owes from a rigged game of poker-You just might get a ride!

Was he ever in the military? Or just a fan.

>If you ever see the guy who owns that and hint his initials are...M.G. Tell him you know of a certain Fedex skipper who he still owes from a rigged game of poker-You just might get a ride<

Yeah....your last ride!! :lol:

After about 3 minutes of research I discovered the owner's initials are not MG, but they are the initials of his company's most popular product. Also, he was an F-16 pilot. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    After about 3 minutes of research I discovered the owner's initials are not MG, but they are the initials of his company's most popular product. Also, he was an F-16 pilot. :)
    Miracle gro?