Page 93 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

NLovis

Re: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55
    film?!!?!? lol :lol:
    Yea i'm still using film for medium range.

Wow....you FRG guys have it good! Try that at ISP and you will loose your badge priviledges and access. Seriously, I have been AT MY AIRPLANE preflighting it on the secluded west ramp no less, and been approached by airport ops and asked to see my badge then get 20 questions. Outside the gate in the parking lot at the west side the same will happen except this time it is SCPD. And this is all with a valid reason for being there!

I recently got checked out in a 172 at FRG and have the FRG badge. Yesterday I was over by Sheltair watching the F-18 come in. I had my badge on and could have easily gone thru the gate but did not. My airplane was not there and I had no valid reason for being on Sheltair's airshow hot ramp wandering around. If you used your badge to gain access, and bring in friends no less, then the least you can do is cooperate with the people at the FBO. Unless they were preventing you from accessing your airplane, it was most likely you were sightseeing or trying to get that shot few others can get.

If Sheltair was really nice enough to know you were there on the ramp to gawk, and let you do so for hours then you give them a hard time? I think you may be biting the hand that fed you.

Like I said....compared to ISP it seems that FRG is a VERY friendly place!

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    And people should remember that you do not chop the hand off that feeds you. That week was the last time they ever sold fuel to an airplane I was involved in. Same goes for the other person in the group that stood up. And 3 of four of us from that group are badged for FRG access and operate with tennants of the airport... So we had rightful access. The disrespect didnt start untill after the untimatum was placed out there. I remember well that you were there Fred. He may be your friend but the bottom line is said individual initiated even after 3 of us showed credentials validating our presence on field and in the FBO. He may do a great deal for your photography access but when people who buy fuel, use GPU's and general services there get shelved and singled out for no rational reason that doesnt sit well with me. I stick to my opinion as such about siad individual and that SheltAir location. And he doesnt "own" the airport in that range of locations. A fellow in Florida does. He may be your friend but that shouldnt bar others from sharing opinions favorable or not. I know there is a number on this site that will allign behind me. All due respect to you though Fred.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

A-10's loitering over Melville North of LIE should be in shortly.
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

And they're there, according to one of my friends...

watched both the A-10 and Blues land. They cleared EVERYTHING out of the air for the blue, and even pushed the A-10's out into holding for about 10 minutes.

The air traffic controller sounded like he / they were pulling out their hair.

When the A-10's were coming in the guy standing a few cars back screamed out "THE WATER HOGS ARE HERE" .. ugh

When the A-10's were coming in the guy standing a few cars back screamed out "THE WATER HOGS ARE HERE" .. ugh
    Yeah, I heard some guy tell his kids the Tomcats were getting ready to take off when the Hornets left last week. I say at least these TOOLS provide some entertainment value.
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

Are the blues done for the day? or are they taking off again

Normally on a Thursday, the Blues will arrive early and land. The diamond will then go up for about an hour to the show site to get points of reference. When they land, the solos will go up and get their points of reference. When the respective jets land, the team will debrief. They will all go up around showtime and fly a full practice.

As you can tell, Thursdays are BUSY days for the team.

NLovis

1355 Blue angel transport flew over my house.

watched both the A-10 and Blues land. They cleared EVERYTHING out of the air for the blue, and even pushed the A-10's out into holding for about 10 minutes.
    Talked with the A-10 pilots for a bit after they landed. They chose to circle and wait on the BAs - tower offered to let them make a straight-in to 19, but they wanted to to fly an overhead pattern on arrival, so they decided to wait.

What a great day at Farmingdale... I just wish I could have made the Sean Tucker / Blue Angels photo flight but I had to go to my son's school and see him play Marconi....HE WAS BRILLIANT! :lol: :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Great shots!
    I love the one above!

I just wanted to add I love FRG. :) They never told me to shut up and I can be annoying when I want to be lol

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Great shots Fred. It looked like a busy day over at FRG.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Took a quick ride around 5:15 as dark clouds are gathering on the horizon. What is with the fence
    covering over by the AAM? Goes almost halfway to D&K.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Took a quick ride around 5:15 as dark clouds are gathering on the horizon. What is with the fence
    covering over by the AAM? Goes almost halfway to D&K.
    Yeah, I didn't like seeing that fence covering by the AAM either !!! WTF?? :x
    I'm just glad it stopped half way down so that we could still talk to "Dusty",
    the A-10 Demo pilot, thru the fence there at least after he arrived. :borat: