Page 62 of 221 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008/2009

One of my friends just told me the Special 30th Anniversary White F-18 Legacy Hornet from Oceana is at FRG right now ???
    Has anyone else seen it over there yet today ??

It will be at the main terminal. Just a few visitors that came through this week. An Air Canda A320 was sitting on the ramp at Atlantic a few days ago when I left. Yesterday when I came back there was a Miami Air 734 in it's spot. On another note, my company transported Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony yesterday from FRG to OPF on the G4 as well. Marc is very down to earth and a serious chain smoker.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Good heads up guys. As soon as i read about the F-18 I scooted over there, grabbed some shots, hung out awhile now home. Round trip 1 hour. :lol:
    The Miami Air is usually a sports charter for the hockey teams. One is sitting there now.

The special 30th Anniversary White F-18 is over on the southside of Sheltair.
    I met Moose over there this morning and he will be posting shots later.
    From what I heard so far, it looks like the F-18 will be taking off on Sunday
    either late in the morning or early afternoon.

Anniversary F-18, cool. I need to take a ride. If any departure times pop up please pass them along. Thanks.

Fred
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

There were 2 US Army Blackhawks here as well on Thursday evening. Got photos, just haven't had time to edit them yet. Will try to get them online either Sunday night or Monday morning.

Thanks for the heads-up on this Chris! Quite a catch for FRG. We also saw Trump's helicopter arriving this morning while we were out getting the Hornet.

And Ryan, as Gerard said, those guys you saw down at Atlantic are almost always going to be hockey charters, either bringing a team in to play the Islanders, or taking the Isles on the road. The Isle have used Miami Air for several years now, so they are regulars at FRG.

Hey guys whats the origin of the helmet painting on the tail? Looks like the Michigan State Spartans emblem.

That Hornet is assigned to VFA-106, the "Gladiators" squadron. They are the East Coast Fleet Replacement Squadron for the Hornet, and have the helmet on their squadron insignia. The original Hornet prototype, which wore these colors, didn't have the helmet on the tail.

Right now I'm hearing the F-18 might takeoff around 4PM today possibly,
    but I'm going to try an get over there earlier just incase because you never know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    That Hornet is assigned to VFA-106, the "Gladiators" squadron. They are the East Coast Fleet Replacement Squadron for the Hornet, and have the helmet on their squadron insignia. The original Hornet prototype, which wore these colors, didn't have the helmet on the tail.
    Thanks John.

>And Ryan, as Gerard said, those guys you saw down at Atlantic are almost always going to be hockey charters, either bringing a team in to play the Islanders, or taking the Isles on the road. The Isle have used Miami Air for several years now, so they are regulars at FRG.[/quote]<

Just what happened today. No action with the F-18 so I watched a Miami Air 737 come into Atlantic. They positioned it right by the fence along 109. It landed a little after 12 and departed with the Islanders around 2:30 off 3-2 heading up to Montreal. Saw that the team came in on a bus as opposed to them all driving their own vehicles as I have seen in the past. This new team policy?

F-18 started up a little after 4PM and took off right around 4:30PM.
    Moose went around to the Main Terminal side so I'm sure he got
    some really great shots of it taking off on 32 from over there.
    I'm looking forward to seeing his shots later on !! :borat:

How about some shots in the daylight? :D

There was quite a crowd around the airport to watch this guy depart. He had about 20 family members come down to see him off, and everyone got to climb on the jet for a picture before he fired up. We almost ran out of daylight by the time they were done!

Moose,
    I figured you'd get some great shots over by the Main Terminal of the Hornet's takeoff !!
    Thanks for posting them and it was nice hanging out with you over at FRG today !