Page 54 of 221 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008/2009

for as far back as i can remember deveolping the area between rwy 1 and rwy 32 approach ends was somethig that the airport wanted to do. i was kinda surprised when the new hangar went up behind atlantic as opposed to that area. IMO, the forrested area would be the best place to put the museum as:

1. it's isolated so you don't have visitors able to run out onto an active runway.
    2. it's far enough from the runways themselves to be legal.
    3. it's big enough to allow ample ramp and paring space.

and the big one reason:

4. if the job were to include an aerial movemet of the hangar they could hire me to fly it over there in a skycrane!

moose, thanks for the links. a little bedtime raeding...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    for as far back as i can remember deveolping the area between rwy 1 and rwy 32 approach ends was somethig that the airport wanted to do. i was kinda surprised when the new hangar went up behind atlantic as opposed to that area. IMO, the forrested area would be the best place to put the museum as:

1. it's isolated so you don't have visitors able to run out onto an active runway.
    2. it's far enough from the runways themselves to be legal.
    3. it's big enough to allow ample ramp and paring space.

and the big one reason:

4. if the job were to include an aerial movemet of the hangar they could hire me to fly it over there in a skycrane!

moose, thanks for the links. a little bedtime raeding...
    Thats a very good idea.....And I think it would be the best spot for viewing also, the only problem is where would they make parking and how would people be able to get into that part of the Airport.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    Thats a very good idea.....And I think it would be the best spot for viewing also, the only problem is where would they make parking and how would people be able to get into that part of the Airport.
    sheesh! that's an easier one than my skycrane lift idea. just build an entrance off rt 109...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Nice article in Newsday today and the politicos are getting involved.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-li ... 2895.story

BTW is the hangar north of the Museum also being knocked down?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Nice article in Newsday today and the politicos are getting involved.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-li ... 2895.story

Thats old news but its sad.

Also do you mean the Nassau flyers hanger? I hope they do knock it down and rebuild.
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Yes it is. And Matt, if you look at the brochure in the first link I posted, you can see the development that is proposed for the area between Rwy 1/19 and 14/32.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I wonder if the guy who owns the Cessna has ElAl ties
    no he doesn't, he does travel to Israel every year thou.

>Thats old news but its sad.<

Old for us but not for those outside the aviation/spotting community. Hopefully bringing this info to the
    general population can help the AAM situation.

During the early AM hours I heard a rumble while I was over in the hanger and at about 5 or so this morning I noticed Kaletta had a 722 doing its deed on the Atlantic ramp. They must have been tired of crome dome hot heads too. They launched off on 1 at about 0700 or so. -Viper East ;)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    During the early AM hours I heard a rumble while I was over in the hanger and at about 5 or so this morning I noticed Kaletta had a 722 doing its deed on the Atlantic ramp. They must have been tired of crome dome hot heads too. They launched off on 1 at about 0700 or so. -Viper East ;)
    I saw that ship Sunday around 3:30 when I passed by on 109.
    .Also saw that Snoopy was still around and they did the ESPN Subway series game that night. Came in around 12:30AM. Then
    as I was driving on Ocean Parkway today I saw them heading out west along the south shore.

Saw the museum was busy today (June 29th) and heard a few of the warbirds flying as well. Fred, Moose...what was the occasion?

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Saw the museum was busy today (June 29th) and heard a few of the warbirds flying as well. Fred, Moose...what was the occasion?
    It was a "rally" of sorts to support the museum. As a few folks have pointed out, the current hangar is in the new FAA Runway Safety Area, and needs to be moved. Unfortunately, after being told that FAA funds could be used to relocate the building, the FAA came back last year and said that by law, the money can only be used to remove structures, not relocate them. Senator Schumer and Congressman Israel have sponsored legislation to allow the money to be used to relocate the museum. They were both there to speak in support of the museum, along with Babylon Town Supervisor Steve Bellone and various veterans' groups. They took the P-47 and P-40 up for a couple of fly-overs during the event.

AAM President Jeff Clyman, Airport Director Mike Geiger with Bellone, Schumer and Israel.

Schumer with Tuskegee Airmen Ed Monroe, Spann Watson and Bill Wheeler.

Israel speaks with an original "Rosie the Riveter" (who's name escapes me at the moment :oops: ) who worked on P-47s during WWII.

Tuskegee Airmen Victor Terrelonge, Spann Watson, and Bill Wheeler with the AAM P-47.

Thats good it would be really sad if they had to do away with the museum.

I wish I'd known about the event, I would have come down with the family in tow. The more support, the better I guess.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Did a quick ride by FRG today and as I was driving along the airport road west by Atlantic I stopped short when I spied
    a jet black A355 Twinstar parked between Hangar 54 and Cablevision. Backed up and saw it had GI Joe markings on the cabin and tail boom and two guys in miltary fatigues hanging by it. No tail number but a quick look through my binocs saw it to be Al Cerullos N355AG (Which I figured). They took off direct from the dolly out to the SW. I recall reading this week there was going to be some type of beach "landings" or something in the NYC/LI area to promote the movie (Aug 8 in theaters near you). This copter must be involved.
    Just a quick question. Does Al Cerullo do the paint work in his hangar there at FRG or do they contract it out? That ship
    sure has gone through a whole lotta costume changes. :lol: