Page 220 of 221 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Swiftair 737 (N808TJ) just departed from FRG. Would that be the Islanders jet?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    Swiftair 737 (N808TJ) just departed from FRG. Would that be the Islanders jet?
    Sorry for the late reply, but yes, that was the Islanders charter flight to Columbus, OH, when they played the Blue Jackets.

Theres been a nice 737-200 parked at Sheltair for about two weeks now, N912NB. There is also a second 737 at the new hangars.

Just saw an E-2 Hawkeye on Final for KFRG, runway 19! And no trace of it on Flightradar24, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    Just saw an E-2 Hawkeye on Final for KFRG, runway 19! And no trace of it on Flightradar24, either.
    Any idea where it's from, or what it's doing at FRG?

No idea. Just happened to spot it by accident, among the other GA arrivals.

Two Ospreys at Republic Airport today. I also saw/heard news of Blackhawks and Chinooks over the last six weeks or so. Supply shipments?

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Falcon View Post
    Two Ospreys at Republic Airport today. I also saw/heard news of Blackhawks and Chinooks over the last six weeks or so. Supply shipments?
    Not sure, but I saw a big ole' C-5 slow and low over Westbury today around 130.

Lately I have been seeing two dark blue blackhawks with a gold stripe front to back over farmingdale? Pretty sure guys are sitting in the openings…Anyone know what agency is flying them?

There's an, what looks like, F15 flying around Plainview/Bethpage area. Tried to get video but was too far to get a steady focused vid of it.

Heard it over Amityville. Checked ADS-B and saw it buzzing back towards Long Beach. Wonder what that's about.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    Heard it over Amityville. Checked ADS-B and saw it buzzing back towards Long Beach. Wonder what that's about.
    Thanks for replying. Nice that i wasnt the only one who recognizes when "heavy metal" is buzzing our area.
    Miss the good 'ol days when they used to regularly stop over Republic every now and then or when the different warbirds would fly around every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOne View Post
    Thanks for replying. Nice that i wasnt the only one who recognizes when "heavy metal" is buzzing our area.
    Miss the good 'ol days when they used to regularly stop over Republic every now and then or when the different warbirds would fly around every so often.
    Agreed. I found some information on Twitter, someone posted a video of the jet following a small plane. Could be related to the UN, but seems the small plane may have invaded some kind of restricted Airspace.

https://twitter.com/WillChiarucci/st...15600035307524

Edit: confirmed by NBC https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...lowTwt_NYBrand
    Last edited by RepublicAviation; 2022-09-21 at 01:57 PM.

Nice find!
    *F15 to general aviation plane*
    "Git da hell outta my restrictioned airspace!"
    Betting it was some random pilot that wanted to see how long it would take for him/her to fly in restricted airspace before getting intercepted by not responding to communication. Or could of been innocent misunderstanding and didn't realize what he/she was doing. Only he/she knows.
    Again, nice find and thanks!

There's been a couple KC-135s and F-15s circling high above NJ/NYC/Nassau/Western Suffolk all day. Pretty cool to see. Needed to pull out the 600mm to get any kind of shot.