Page 22 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008

While I was out shooting the Blue Jackets DC-9, I also got some shots of this little Piaggio on the ramp:

just to give everyone a heads up.. i think tonight the 727 will be in RON.. so well have the dc-9 till 11 and the 72 all night.. should be some good pics!

Moose, great shots, I have never seen such up close shots of a Piaggio before, and a pretty colorful one at that.

Cheers

LGA777

Here are a few new shots

nothing great....but they were there
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Okay Fred...give it up...I know the roof of your Altima is not that high, and it's the wrong perspective for the old tower. What the hell were you on top of??? Although I think I have an idea ;)

I could tell you.. but then i would have to kill you!

>BTW do they reconfigure the interiors of these charters to make the seating more comfortable for the athletes?[/quote]<

LOL I guess I can kinda answer my own question. Scott Gomez was on ESPN radio this afternoon and when the reporter asked
    him about the team being tired from travelling Gomez answered "Well its not like we are sitting in the middle seat" and the reporter laughed and acknowledged he had travelled with the Rangers on their plane and had never,ever travelled in such comfort on a plane
    before.
    Cablevision must treat their athletes pretty good. :D

When the blue jackets were on our ramp.. the interior of the dc-9 was georgous, had a table, wide leather seats. i thought jetblue was nice at first. this is the way to go!!

So a little birdie happen to tell me that next week i think the turkish 319 is going to be back!.. ohh say on the 13th for the day.. :D..

I was out running around today, and ended up grabbing some lunch and swinging by FRG around 3pm. Just as I pulled in to the terminal lot, I saw this guy rolling out on 32:

I grabbed the camera and got a few shots as they back-taxied and headed down to Atlantic. Turns out it was the Philadelphia Flyers, arriving for Tuesday's matinee with the Islanders.

Quote Originally Posted by h2opunk1822
    When the blue jackets were on our ramp.. the interior of the dc-9 was georgous, had a table, wide leather seats. i thought jetblue was nice at first. this is the way to go!!
    You haven't flown First Class that many times I take it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    I was out running around today, and ended up grabbing some lunch and swinging by FRG around 3pm. Just as I pulled in to the terminal lot, I saw this guy rolling out on 32:

I grabbed the camera and got a few shots as they back-taxied and headed down to Atlantic. Turns out it was the Philadelphia Flyers, arriving for Tuesday's matinee with the Islanders.
    Apparently this particular A319 (N330NB), along with 2 others in the NWA fleet (not sure of which tails) are outfitted as 72 F/C seats only. These three are mainly used by the NBA, but they fly NHL charters as well.

Actually there are 3 of the newely refitted NW 319's for year round use and a total of 7 for the NHL and NBA seasons, saw a few cabin photo's on a.net and they look really nice.

Good Catch Moose, I can't recall ever seeing a shot of a NW plane at FRG.

Cheers

LGA777

Hi everyone!! Newbie here. i actually know a few people here. I am Christina the blonde that is always dragging her son around lol.

Anyway I wanted to let you guys know something big just landed at republic. I don't know the name of it. I think it kinda looked like this. I would go take a ride but I don't have the car with the car seats

http://www.military-aircraft.org.uk/tra ... /index.htm

I will keep looking online till i find the right one. Don't know how long it is going to be here and I don't know where they are putting it. Assuming the museum? I am so happpy I get my "real" camera tomorrow sometime and I will have something to practice on.

oh and I don't see it on flight aware

Actually it was a C-2A Greyhound (callsign Rawhide 703) from the VRC-40 Squad based out of Norfolk VA