Page 216 of 221 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

I saw one fly over my shop in Kings Park about that time, it was really moving & heading straight towards FRG. It was pretty high up, wasn't sure if it was one of them or the L-39.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Any reason why blue angel #5 was there a few hours ago? Alongside a dornier 328 jet
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Any reason why blue angel #5 was there a few hours ago?
    You haven't been paying attention, Mario. They had a maintenance issue during the air show and the jet has been here since. They have been standing down since the crash in Tennessee the week after our show, so it has been sitting at Republic, waiting for the team to send folks back to get it.

I was riding down New Highway tonight and saw the Hendrick's Gin Flying Cucumber Blimp is back at FRG again.

The crash at FRG tonite that shut down the airport was on Runway 19 but also effected Runway 14 so the two Blue Angel aircraft stayed overnight to enjoy the full moon and the first night of summer on Long Island.
    The plane was N127DW a 1978 Swearingen SA226-T registered to Ponderosa Air LLC of Farmingdale, NY

Any idea when Bert is leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by jlaico1 View Post
    Any idea when Bert is leaving?
    As of this writing both aircraft might be gone already though I do believe # 5 might do a few circles around the airport before leaving!

All was quiet when I passed by at 9.

As of 10:30 they were still there but some activity as per my people on scene lol

A nice Boeing 737 landed today around 4:45. Taxied over to the Main Terminal where it went under a US Customs check then everyone reborded and it taxied over to Sheltair to drop off its 7 passengers!! Left around an hour later. It was N800KS based out of LA and from someones research over on FB he believes its owned by Steven Spielberg!! I tried to do a trip check on Flighaware but the flight tracking was blocked!!

Does anyone know what they will be filming next Tuesday 9/20 which will result in the runway closure? (G2 and G run up is at the approach end of Runway 1 or the Rt 109 side. Also across at the Main Terminal) To: Republic Airport Tenants
    Date: 9/12/2016
    Re: Runway Closure 1-19 / Film Shoot

There is a scheduled runway closure for runway 1-19 and taxiway closure for taxiway "G" between "G2" and the "G" run up area on Tuesday, September 20, 2016. The runway and taxiway will be closed from 9:30 am to 7:30 pm for a film shoot. In addition, the Main Terminal Building lobby and ? of the Main Terminal parking lot will also be closed from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm.

All tenants are advised to frequently check NOTAMS for updates or changes to this schedule.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    Does anyone know what they will be filming next Tuesday 9/20 which will result in the runway closure? (G2 and G run up is at the approach end of Runway 1 or the Rt 109 side. Also across at the Main Terminal) To: Republic Airport Tenants
    Date: 9/12/2016
    Re: Runway Closure 1-19 / Film Shoot

There is a scheduled runway closure for runway 1-19 and taxiway closure for taxiway "G" between "G2" and the "G" run up area on Tuesday, September 20, 2016. The runway and taxiway will be closed from 9:30 am to 7:30 pm for a film shoot. In addition, the Main Terminal Building lobby and ? of the Main Terminal parking lot will also be closed from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm.

All tenants are advised to frequently check NOTAMS for updates or changes to this schedule.
    FYI- I stopped by FRG today and they were filming for the TV show Madame Secretary over on the east side of Rwy 1.

BTW, I also saw there's a Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 737 parked at Sheltair next to the fence and a Czech Republic A319
    parked over on the other side of the airport by Atlantic and they're both in town for the UN General Assemby.

Navy C-130 landed at Republic late afternoon (5:40) and taxied over to Sheltair. Saw a picture on Facebook and it was fitted with external fuel tanks. Bags were unloaded into waiting vans. Speculation it might have been part of the evacuation of civilians from Quantanamo Bay due to the Hurricane!!

Apparently the C-130 stayed over and is getting ready to depart any second now.

Navy Herc

The Herc (KC-130T 162309) was from VX-30 at NAS Point Mugu. It still carried the tail code (QH) for VMGR-234