Page 208 of 221 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Sitting on the ramp south of Sheltaire, from "The Isle of Man"

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Heard the sounds of beefy rotors strong enough that it shook my house a few mins ago. Saw what looked like a Blackhawk heading for 14.

I was listening to the FRG traffic last night and the Detroit Red Wings MD-81 came in just before 8PM.
    I believe it's over at Sheltair and it should be departing tonight after their game with the Islanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    I was listening to the FRG traffic last night and the Detroit Red Wings MD-81 came in just before 8PM.
    I believe it's over at Sheltair and it should be departing tonight after their game with the Islanders.
    Yes they had an early game in Tampa. Tonites game at 5PM.

The Blue Jackets DC-9 is parked over at Sheltair right now. Sadly, it's probably the last time it ever visits FRG,
    since the Islanders will be playing at the Barclay Center next year and most teams will use EWR then.

The Blue Jackets DC-9 is parked over at Sheltair right now. Sadly, it's probably the last time it ever visits FRG,
    since the Islanders will be playing at the Barclay Center next year and most teams will use EWR then.
    The islanders Swift Air Boeing was parked on Atlantics back ramp! Flew the team in from Pitt last night!! They took off around 5:10

There is a Burkina Faso 722 sitting at Sheltair. Reg is XTRA-BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    There is a Burkina Faso 722 sitting at Sheltair. Reg is XTRA-BFA.
    Nice catch !! She's a beauty and was still there tonight at 11PM.
    Does anyone have an idea when it will be departing??

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    There is a Burkina Faso 722 sitting at Sheltair
    And im thinking what the heck is a Burkina Faso when I should have been thinking Where In The World Is Burkina Faso!!
    Thanks for my geography lesson!! And as of 3PM still sitting in the warm spring sun!!

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Nice seeing some spotter friends out at FRG this morning. Here's the Burkina Faso 722 from last night. Beautiful ol' bird, looking immaculate with polished engine intakes, leading edges and a shiny coat of cream colored paint.

-Don B.

Read thats it leaving tomorrow so still time to go over and grab some pictures if you are in the area!! Its spot adjacent to the fence makes it a great photo shoot!!

The 727 departed today around noon. Here's the shot.
    XT-BFA KFRG 4-19-2015 by Photography By Stephen Spinelli, on Flickr

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Great catch Steve!
    -Don B.

Chris do you think the Islanders will still fly out of FRG? I say this because I would gather most of the team lives here on LI and they practice at Iceworks!! Of course that can change if they all move away or they find a new practice ice!!
    Saw their Swift Air B7347 fly out today at 2:15 to DSC and I'm wondered if thats it? If they lose of course the season is over and if they win they play the Rangers and no flying will be needed for that series!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Chris do you think the Islanders will still fly out of FRG? I say this because I would gather most of the team lives here on LI and they practice at Iceworks!! Of course that can change if they all move away or they find a new practice ice!!
    Saw their Swift Air B7347 fly out today at 2:15 to DSC and I'm wondered if thats it? If they lose of course the season is over and if they win they play the Rangers and no flying will be needed for that series!!
    Yeah, I think there's a good chance the Islanders will still use FRG in the future for some of their flights as long as they use Iceworks,
    or another practice facility in Nassau County that Mangano is proposing now ?? LOL