Page 19 of 221 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    nice shot moose, but leave it to bell to build them that ugly. i mean tall skids just don't belong on that helo!
    Oh I sooooo disagree!! LOL!! Always loved the Bell 222/430 but i do like the wheels up look better than the skids. Being that they use
    this ship upstate in the mountains for SAR and medevac is probably the reason for the high skids. When the SPD had an MBB 105 stationed
    up in the Adirondacks that ship had very high skids also. http://www.helispot.com/photo/0000199
    And NYPD had a 222UT for awhile back in the mid-80s that eventually became a hangar queen because of problems with (I believe) the Lycoming engines.
    http://www.helispot.com/photo/0003335

BTw guys I notice you got pretty close to McCains aircraft. Was there any SS/security around?

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    nice shot moose, but leave it to bell to build them that ugly. i mean tall skids just don't belong on that helo!
    Oh I sooooo disagree!! LOL!! Always loved the Bell 222/430 but i do like the wheels up look better than the skids. Being that they use
    this ship upstate in the mountains for SAR and medevac is probably the reason for the high skids. When the SPD had an MBB 105 stationed
    up in the Adirondacks that ship had very high skids also. http://www.helispot.com/photo/0000199
    And NYPD had a 222UT for awhile back in the mid-80s that eventually became a hangar queen because of problems with (I believe) the Lycoming engines.
    http://www.helispot.com/photo/0003335

BTw guys I notice you got pretty close to McCains aircraft. Was there any SS/security around?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Yes...and that's all I'll say about it.

Because if you told me you'd have to kill me? :lol: :lol:
    Thanks. I figured as much.

Because if you told me you'd have to kill me? :lol: :lol:
    Thanks. I figured as much.

The State PD ship was in and out of Nassau Air Bureau this evening and also into the Trooper pad at FRG. Does anyone know their call sign?
    I heard one ship off of Bethpage into Atlantic tonite around 10:10 and they were using call sign something "2-1". I thought I heard "Bird 2-1"
    but not sure.

The State PD ship was in and out of Nassau Air Bureau this evening and also into the Trooper pad at FRG. Does anyone know their call sign?
    I heard one ship off of Bethpage into Atlantic tonite around 10:10 and they were using call sign something "2-1". I thought I heard "Bird 2-1"
    but not sure.

but not sure.
    Well it definitely was the SPD. I think it was "Guard" or "Guardian 2-1". Around 11PM they were orbiting around the area of Rt 135/LIE/Northern State. I was in
    my backyard and heard them then they got louder so I walked to the front of my house. I couldnt see anything but they were louder and coming closer
    to me. What the **** I thought. Where the heck were they? Was this Airwolf with a cloaking device? LOL!! Then I saw the white belly of the ship as they
    approached my house and flew right over my head with absolutely no lights except for maybe two weak lights by the nose. No wonder I didnt see anything.
    Seriously thought I was going nuts. I wonder if this was on purpose not having any anti-collision lights/strobes or they were broken or heck ,maybe they just
    forgot to put them on. Well they were heading into Atlantic for the night and I'm going to bed knowing I aint crazy (well maybe).

but not sure.
    Well it definitely was the SPD. I think it was "Guard" or "Guardian 2-1". Around 11PM they were orbiting around the area of Rt 135/LIE/Northern State. I was in
    my backyard and heard them then they got louder so I walked to the front of my house. I couldnt see anything but they were louder and coming closer
    to me. What the **** I thought. Where the heck were they? Was this Airwolf with a cloaking device? LOL!! Then I saw the white belly of the ship as they
    approached my house and flew right over my head with absolutely no lights except for maybe two weak lights by the nose. No wonder I didnt see anything.
    Seriously thought I was going nuts. I wonder if this was on purpose not having any anti-collision lights/strobes or they were broken or heck ,maybe they just
    forgot to put them on. Well they were heading into Atlantic for the night and I'm going to bed knowing I aint crazy (well maybe).

Thanks for posting photos. Both candidates will be in the City tonight for the Al Smith Dinner at the Waldorf . It begins at 1830 so the plane probably will be there all-day. I wonder where Obamas' B757 is?

Thanks for posting photos. Both candidates will be in the City tonight for the Al Smith Dinner at the Waldorf . It begins at 1830 so the plane probably will be there all-day. I wonder where Obamas' B757 is?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    I wonder where Obamas' B757 is?
    LGA

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    I wonder where Obamas' B757 is?
    LGA

We had an Allegiant MD-83 come in this morning on a college football charter...

Look who they found in the cargo hold when they opened the door! :shock: