Page 175 of 221 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Thanks Ken!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I find it interesting - but not surprising - that he told you that taking pictures on airport property was a threat to security, then told you to go over by the terminal to shoot...

The spot by Talon is tight, and yes, the troopers are probably the worst about driving too fast through there. I've grabbed a couple of quick shots over that way, but there usually isn't much of interest. The other spot you noted - the yellow dot on your map - gives a decent shot at the sports charters parked down that end. The problem is there is no parking along that section of the road. You either need to park further down and walk back, or pull onto the shoulder, jump out and shoot, and drive off. Not that I would ever do anything like that...
    You will usually find plenty of people over by the lot near between 56th and the terminal. It's a good spot to eat lunch and watch the airplanes, and not bad for shooting.
    Yeah thats an area the Troopers are always going through since their barracks are located right there. I've never had a problem shooting there but usually its quick and out with one eye watching for the Troopers. But usually they are speeding so fast they might not even see you. You probably just ran into the one pain in the butt officer. Or maybe you look like an Iranian?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Hopefully we get an ETA for Sunday so I know where I will be.
    FYI- A public alert was posted in Newsday today, that two Blue Angel jets will be departing Republic Airport on Monday, April 2nd, between 9:30 and 11AM to do a familiarization flight over the Hudson River corridor in NY Harbor for their upcoming flyover in May to celebrate the Bicentennial of the War of 1812. During the Monday flight, the two F/A-18 Hornets will conduct passes over the Hudson, turning south of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and north of the George Washington Bridge at altitudes as low as 500 feet and and at speeds of about 345 mph, the Navy said.

No ETA for them on Sunday evening yet, BUT the weather forecast is looking ALOT better for Monday anyway. I'll be over at FRG on Mon. and hope others can get shots of the BLUES in NYC over the Hudson also

Quite an interesting day around the patch yesterday. Here are the highlights from my lunch break, then again towards the end of the day.

First, the Boston Bruins arrived via USA Jet Airlines

One of the local G550's off to HPN

Kalitta's Horse Charter did a long, low & slow takeoff...stretching the limits of the 100-400

Stingray chartered a Dornier 328Jet for the ACY run today

An EJM G-V headed to PBI

With JFK on the 22's, got some nice 3000' over the top action too!

Guess the Bruins jet left after the drop as they will be at MSG Sunday night. Ottawa jet should in later this afternoon, they are playing Philly this aft and
    have Isles tomorrow aft.

Guess the Bruins jet left after the drop as they will be at MSG Sunday night. Ottawa jet should in later this afternoon, they are playing Philly this aft and
    have Isles tomorrow aft.
    Gerard, the MD83 departed empty about 4pm

anyone have a time for the blue's arrival today?

Nothing official yet. They are performing at the Tuscaloosa Air Show, and according to the show schedule, they go on at 3pm - Central Time. Figure they are done by 4pm Central, and at best, an hour to fuel the jets and prep for take off. It's about 900 miles (straight line) from Tuscaloosa to Farmingdale, figure 3 hours flight time, that puts them here at 9pm Eastern. In the end, your guess is as good as mine...

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Gerard, the MD83 departed empty about 4pm
    If thats the samejet they are using after Sundays game at MSG must have repositioned to EWR or LGA.

If thats the samejet they are using after Sundays game at MSG must have repositioned to EWR or LGA.
    They fly the Bruins, Sabres and one other team this year (the name escapes me) so they probably went to where ever it was needed next.
    Doubt they would sit at EWR or LGA and incur those parking fees for 3 days.

In the end, your guess is as good as mine...
    Actually that sounds like a pretty good guess.
    Stopped by briefly today and they had the "Street sweeper" going up and down 14/32 cleaning up.

Air Canada A320 arrived at 4pm on a hockey charter. I was helping Paul fuel his T-6, so I didn't get any shots of the arrival.

Air Canada A320 arrived at 4pm on a hockey charter.
    Picking up the Ottawa Senators.
    As of this wrtiting raining pretty good out here north of FRG.

They just landed. 9:23 Blue Angel 2 was 6 miles out on the ILS One Four, 7 minutes later Blue Angel 1 came in. Barely saw them with the low ceiling but
    sure did hear them.
    BTW I was in my backyard!!!!

Sounds like The Blues just landed?
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!