Page 165 of 221 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Keep an eye out Sunday night or Monday for the Detroit Red Wings new ride. The team plays the Islanders on Tuesday night, with a game in Chicago Sunday, then back home later in the week, so I'd expect them to drop into FRG and hang around for a day or two. The team unveiled a new jet for this hockey season, a former Midwest Express MD-81. Unfortunately, the new aircraft doesn't have Red Wings titles like their DC-9, just red and blue cheat lines and stripes on the tail. And it can be tracked...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N812ME

There was another LE Fly By today in Massapequa for the ATF agent tragically killed by friendly fire in Seaford on New Years eve. Was FRG used again as a staging point for the copters? Thanks.

No it wasn't. I got out there a little before 10am, and it was a quiet morning. Read that AG Eric Holder would attend the funeral, and thought we might get a VIP transport, but nothing showed up at FRG. Did hear an "Omaha" call sign, flight of 2, check in with FRG tower going into Bethpage a little after 10. I never heard anything else from them, but that's a Customer/Border Patrol call sign, so I assume they were funeral-related traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    No it wasn't. I got out there a little before 10am, and it was a quiet morning. Read that AG Eric Holder would attend the funeral, and thought we might get a VIP transport, but nothing showed up at FRG. Did hear an "Omaha" call sign, flight of 2, check in with FRG tower going into Bethpage a little after 10. I never heard anything else from them, but that's a Customer/Border Patrol call sign, so I assume they were funeral-related traffic.
    Not sure if it was AG Holder or not, but a police led convoy of black SUVs rolled up to Atlantics ramp around 11ish and they got on a waiting civilian G5.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Thanks John. They must have used the Nassau Air Bureau Base for their staging point. News12 had a good video shot of the FlyBy which
    featured 8 helicopters. Being the helo geek that i am I taped the story then played it back in slow-mo on my DVR. From what I saw it
    looked to be the two Custom/Omaha Astars,. two Suffolk PD Astars, two Nassau PD 407s and two NYC PD Agustas. And they also said AG Holder was there.

After taking some shots of a Maddog at KFRG I decided to pay some old friends a visit.

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Love the shots Fred! Never get tired of looking at either of those birds.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Thanks Steve, Here are two more

I think the plane looked like garbage

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Where do they part the Flyers MadDog? Is that by Sheltair?
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Yep, Shelt

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Where do they part the Flyers MadDog? Is that by Sheltair?
    Steve...FYI...it's for the Detroit Red Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Steve...FYI...it's for the Detroit Red Wings.
    Thaaaaaat's right... oops!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

It seems that I have quite a few emails and a PM or two about how I did the L-39's. After explaining it a few times, I figured I would just make a quick video on how I did them. Here is the video.

Video Click Here!

Awesome video tut Fred... as always :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    "Also known as "Derf" on the message forums."

I LOLd

Great vid Fred
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol