Page 164 of 221 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

What landed last night (12/23) around 8pm'ish?

Was driving around with my wife last night, looking at light displays when a pretty large jet w/fancy paint landed at FRG around 8pm or so. Anyone know what/who it was? It was a SWEET looking jet... really big too.

Quote Originally Posted by Billbo1970 View Post
    Was driving around with my wife last night, looking at light displays when a pretty large jet w/fancy paint landed at FRG around 8pm or so. Anyone know what/who it was? It was a SWEET looking jet... really big too.
    Toronto Maple Leafs charter flight?

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    I was at Airport Plaza today and I noticed some construction going on in the Dave & Busters parking lot right next to runway 19. Is this part of any airport construction projects?

http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    They have did work to all the lights in that lot. Probably more upkeep on the lot. I doubt that is airport related.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Yes it is, Kenny. It is part of the changes they are making to the runway safety area - Runway 1/19 will be shifted northward approximately 450' to give additional overrun on the south end before Rt. 109, and part of the parking lot near D&B will be closed off to provide a safe zone on the north end, as the threshold will be moved north. They will be installing an EMAS system on the Rt. 110 end of 14/32, and installing upgraded approach lights for Rwy 14. Since they have room to shift 1/19, they won't need to install EMAS on that runway.

You can read about it here:
    http://www.republicairport.net/Reloc...ty-Project.htm

And this brochure includes a map with the changes (to the runway, as well as the parking lot) marked:
    http://www.republicairport.net/pdf/R...hure-FINAL.pdf
    Last edited by moose135; 2011-12-26 at 10:49 PM.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Thanks for the links and info Moose! It looks they are going full force ahead with the airport improvements.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

If I read that right are they moving the AAM and Sheltair to that piece of land between Runway 1 and 32 where the Pan Am crew filmed last time?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Wow.......talk about a major overhaul happening at Republic.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    If I read that right are they moving the AAM and Sheltair to that piece of land between Runway 1 and 32 where the Pan Am crew filmed last time?
    Some of the non-runway items noted are still in the "planning stage" and may or may not happen. As far as we know, the AAM isn't going anywhere. In the original plan, the hangar would have been moved south of the current SheltAir hangar to keep it out of the shifted RSA. In March of this year, the FAA agreed to allow it to remain in place for the foreseeable future. I haven't heard any news about the other hangar which the diagram shows as being removed - the small hangar north of the AAM, which houses NFI, and which is actually older than the AAM building. SheltAir's main hangar would remain in place, and parking that is currently north of it would move to the south side. As noted, there is a plan to develop the Breaslau Gardens area (between Rwy 1 and 32), and the fuel farm, among other things, would be moved into that area. I haven't heard any solid updates on any of this non-runway related construction in months. I try to get down to the airport commission meetings, and if I hear anything, I'll pass it along.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Some of the non-runway items noted are still in the "planning stage" and may or may not happen. As far as we know, the AAM isn't going anywhere. In the original plan, the hangar would have been moved south of the current SheltAir hangar to keep it out of the shifted RSA. In March of this year, the FAA agreed to allow it to remain in place for the foreseeable future. I haven't heard any news about the other hangar which the diagram shows as being removed - the small hangar north of the AAM, which houses NFI, and which is actually older than the AAM building. SheltAir's main hangar would remain in place, and parking that is currently north of it would move to the south side. As noted, there is a plan to develop the Breaslau Gardens area (between Rwy 1 and 32), and the fuel farm, among other things, would be moved into that area. I haven't heard any solid updates on any of this non-runway related construction in months. I try to get down to the airport commission meetings, and if I hear anything, I'll pass it along.

Schumer and Israel made sure it would be preserved no matter if it stayed in the spot it's in or was moved. Then I thought I heard it was being moved to where the Alpha ramp is now which doesn't make a bit of sense. Going to be interesting. If they stay where they are now don't they lose ramp space?
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2011-12-28 at 07:48 PM.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    On a somewhat related note, what ever happened to the Stew Leonards Store that was supposed to pop up around the airport? Where was is supposed to go? And was it squashed?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Mario, as I understand it, the store was supposed to go on Rt. 110, on the southwest corner of Conklin Street. That would have put it directly under the approach path to Rwy 14. There was significant opposition from pilot groups and other local business and civic organizations over safety issues. As far as I know, it was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Mario, as I understand it, the store was supposed to go on Rt. 110, on the southwest corner of Conklin Street. That would have put it directly under the approach path to Rwy 14. There was significant opposition from pilot groups and other local business and civic organizations over safety issues. As far as I know, it was killed.
    Wow aviation, business and civic groups banding together. Stew never had a chance.

In August I spoke with Stew Jr and he said that they are close to announcing a new location somewhere along Rt 110. Another time in either Sept or October my wife spoke to the store Mgr in Yonkers and he confirmed that we should be hearing something soon. Im looking forward to it as I travel to the Yonkers store about once a month
    "You above all"

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    I was at Airport Plaza today and I noticed some construction going on in the Dave & Busters parking lot right next to runway 19. Is this part of any airport construction projects?

Drove past there yesterday and I have to say that just sucks!!!
    That area was a great spotting location especially during the air shows when the aircraft use 1/19.
    And the fence line was great for a look across the runway!!
    Oh well!!