Page 163 of 221 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Thanks, I was the one standing on top of the Pathfinder. I was honestly expecting the plane to be gone when I got there as I didn't see the post about it being in town until about 4, at which point I quickly grabbed my camera and headed out. I thought that you might have been the guy standing on his truck, but it wasn't you. I asked if he was John and he said no. That's your name, right? I thought that I saw it in a previous post.

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Also, Moose, I like your shots as well, I wish that the sun was still out when I got there. It makes a big difference with the Blues!

Nice shots, Joe and Moose! Wish I could have been there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Thanks, I was the one standing on top of the Pathfinder.
    One of the many reasons I miss my Pathfinder, I had even built a platform into the roof rack so I could get those kinds of shots. Nice work!
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I asked if he was John and he said no. That's your name, right? I thought that I saw it in a previous post.
    Yes it is but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone else.

NYPD 14 came in today and landed over at Atlantic. They left about an hour later and though I didnt see it I believe they were here to pick up the Mayor or PC who came in
    for the wake of the slain oficer in West Babylon.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    NYPD 14 came in today and landed over at Atlantic. They left about an hour later and though I didnt see it I believe they were here to pick up the Mayor or PC who came in
    for the wake of the slain oficer in West Babylon.
    You may get a return Monday for the funeral.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    You may get a return Monday for the funeral.
    Yup and I was wondering if they would use FRG for a staging point for the Missing Man
    Fly Over which they traditionally do along with NCPD, SCPD and sometimes the State
    PD.

According to Newsday, Commissioner Kelly attended the wake today. Bloomberg is expected to join him for the funeral on Monday.

A Rutan Long-EZ dropped in today.

A few from earlier today..

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Great shots.

Today was a very sad day - I saw NYPD explorers, impalas, vans and buses all along Montauk hwy today,
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    It was. They lined up a huge K9 unit along Livingston Av entering the cemetery along with a two lines of motorcycle officers. It was very sad.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    A Rutan Long-EZ dropped in today.

Nice catch on the Long-EZ Moose ... oh and BTW, the NEW American Airpower Museum sign up on the Hangar looks ALOT NICER than their old blue sign too !!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeO View Post
    A few from earlier today
    So that was you taking the pics. I was on the other side of the fence. This was on the tarmac between Hangar 41 and Northeastern.
    NYPD had three Agustas (15, 16 and 19) and Aviation 14 which was also used as the VIP transport copter. Suffolk 2 and Nassau 5 rounded
    out the group. They left off the Bravo pad one at a time to the south a little after 12 then met up over the Great South Bay where they lined
    up into the Fly Over formation and circled slowly for about 35/40 minute. After they finished the Fly By Suffolk and Nassau were cut loose
    and the 4 NYPD copters returned to FRG where they shutdown on the back Atlantic ramp. They refueled and after the Mayor and PC arrived
    for their ride home on PD 14 the 3 Agustas also cranked up and headed out to the SW.
    It was pretty cool seeing all of this but I felt conflicted because the only reason they were there was because of the murder of a good PO and and even better family man.