Page 159 of 221 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I'm surprised that they went through all the trouble to bring the 707 up here. The TV show has used some extremely impressive CGI and I would think this would have been able to be accomplished the same way.
    Even with the most advanced CGI or animatronics you can still tell it's not real. Having the actual aircraft with the color scheme and a talented filming crew can give you a much more realistic effect. IMO.
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2011-10-30 at 06:58 PM.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Maybe they can;t find old hangars or tarmac like they do at FRG? Or maybe the filming is cheaper here than bringing it down to Ocala? Who knows, but I am sure glad they did bring it...

Fred, my man, that video... so glad you shot video instead of stills oh boy, what a gorgeous aircraft.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Derf, that video was GREAT! Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Maybe they can;t find old hangars or tarmac like they do at FRG? Or maybe the filming is cheaper here than bringing it down to Ocala? Who knows, but I am sure glad they did bring it...
    It's probably cheaper and easier in the long run to bring the 707 here. Yes, they paid for it, but compared to flying 150 people (actors, extras, production people, etc.) down to Florida for three or four days, plus all their equipment (cameras, sound equipment, lights, etc., etc.) it can get pretty pricey as well. Add to that losing two days with travel - since they usually film in Brooklyn, most of the crew met at the studio, and were shuttled to FRG on the first day of shooting. They did stay in local hotels during filming. They have shot some other scenes around the NYC area (the hotel in "Monte Carlo" last week was actually the Woolworth Mansion in Glen Cove) so local location shoots are something they are familiar with. Logistically and financially, it's a lot easier to bring the airplane here then move the whole circus to the airplane.

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Hello Guys,
    I haven't seen any mention of it here, however yesterday, there was an E6 (I believe) parked just South of Sheltair yesterday. I didn't get a chance to drive by again as I didn't have my camera on me to see if it was still there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Hello Guys,
    I haven't seen any mention of it here, however yesterday, there was an E6 (I believe) parked just South of Sheltair yesterday. I didn't get a chance to drive by again as I didn't have my camera on me to see if it was still there today.
    That's an EA-6B Prowler. And yes, it will still be around - it was retired out of service a week ago with its final flight into FRG. It will remain at the Airpower Museum until a display site is ready at the Grumman Bethpage plant.

Coverage of the arrival here:
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...sitors/page149
    Last edited by moose135; 2011-10-30 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks Moose,
    I just ran over and snapped a quick image:

Joe

You are away for two weeks and miss all of the good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    They did stay in local hotels during filming. They have shot some other scenes around the NYC area (the hotel in "Monte Carlo" last week was actually the Woolworth Mansion in Glen Cove) so local location shoots are something they are familiar with. Logistically and financially, it's a lot easier to bring the airplane here then move the whole circus to the airplane.
    And its good for the economy out here on LI.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    HEy Moose, I totally understand not dragging the crowd all over and it being cheaper in that regard.

What I mean was I didnt get why they wanted to use Travoltas Jet when their CGI is pretty intense.

I had no clue and was shocked when I saw the image below!!! And considering they are not using Ella's tail in the clip, it still surprises me they needed it, you know?

BUt NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!

And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Wow!! That is SWEET CGI ...
    Manny Gonzalez

Some over the last week or so...
    Visitors...

Based at FRG...

Last edited by lijk604; 2011-11-02 at 10:18 PM.

So who is the owner of the gray Citation Jet that is also apparently a fan of the 357th FG?

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    So who is the owner of the gray Citation Jet that is also apparently a fan of the 357th FG?
    The registration, N606MG gives us a few clues...it is registered to Hagedorn Aviation, based in Delaware - no surprise there. If you Google "Hagedorn Aviation", the first result is a Wikipedia page for "James Hagedorn" that starts "...was named president and chief operating officer of Scotts Miracle-Gro in April 2000 and chairman of the board of directors and chief executive officer in January 2003. Prior to April 2000, he was in charge of the company's North American business." It also has this to say about Mr. Hagedorn... "Hagedorn also served in the United States Air Force for seven years as a captain and an F-16 fighter pilot."

Nice looking bird!!!
    Manny Gonzalez