Page 155 of 221 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

First time poster here. Im Rich...I know a bunch of you from in and around FRG.

Had to post up on my "mission" to see this baby come in and just add my two cents.

Some planes you look at and enjoy..maybe take your pictures then move on. Some, however capture your imagination and you just want to walk around the thing and not leave. This 707 is one of those for me. What an absolutely gorgeous aircraft in every way.

I wont bother posting my pictures because Im an absolute hack photographer :).

Welcome to the site, Rich! don't be shy about your pics...we'd love to see them!!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Was just over at FRG .. That plane looks amazing .. even cooler in Pan AM blue. I like what they did with the planes Reg # ... The AAM and Sheltair look strange with their signage taken down though. I really hope we get a heads up and can watch this bird take off!!!

I really hope we get a heads up and can watch this bird take off!!!
    I chuckled a little when I read this. Somebody's phone is going to be ringing off the hook when that beauty finally leaves. I just hope I'm at the end of the ruway when it does!

This reminds me of driving by the PA maintenance hangar at JFK (Pre 9/11) and seeing a 707 they had dressed up to re-create the 25th anniversary of the 707's inaugural flight to Paris.

It also reminds me of sitting in the rooftop parking lot of the Pan Am Worldport and watching their 707's leave JFK on their way to the dessert. (I believe they were sold to the Air Force to be used for parts for the KC-135's). They were using the callsign BOEING ***Papa Alfa.
    Last edited by JHNA57; 2011-10-27 at 01:19 PM.

...hopefully she does a few fly-bys for us to dream some more...

Given the heavy rain today and the proposed storms on Saturday, is there a possibility she will stay longer still?
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Given the heavy rain today and the proposed storms on Saturday, is there a possibility she will stay longer still?
    Snow for pete's sake. Yes Sunday would be much better.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Here is a video I took of the shutdown of the 707 at Farmingdale
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

From the fence holding camera over the fence at the top of my monopod for really attrocious results Thnaks a MILLION to Fred for updating me on the whereabouts of the bird. Amazing how many people were still working on it even as late as I got there.

And we saw a SHERPA!!! Trying to pass itself off as a Shorts Brothers 360, can you believe it? ROTFL

Manny Gonzalez

I can't explain how I felt being there in person... There is a magical effect this aircraft has on you. One the spectacle of a 707 with original engines... then the idea of what it represents and then the rarity of this plane... I sat in my car for almost 10 minutes just giggling like a baby my mouth open. I took these planes for granted back in the 70s and 80s and now they;re gone. Same thing happened when I saw the L-1011 fly in Vegas...

Wow!
    Manny Gonzalez

I guess they wont be filming the tail.

Manny, great shots! Fred, excellent vid from tower.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I sat in my car for almost 10 minutes just giggling like a baby my mouth open.
    Wow!
    You can get arrested for that Manny.

Same thing happened when I saw the L-1011 fly in Vegas..
    Yea the day we saw her on the downwind at LAX was incredible. Then to watch her touch down and taxi. Def makes that double double taste good!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Damn, now I want an In & Out burger... wonder why
    Manny Gonzalez

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    fred the best part of that video is the light from the revolving beacon on the ground. damn i miss that....
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Sorry, Mispost
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-10-28 at 09:09 AM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".