Page 154 of 221 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Just speechless! Fantastic. Nice work Moose. Here are a few that I was able to get as the aircraft was getting prepared for a make-over. Unfortunately I couldn't get any clean shots.

Last edited by Zee71; 2011-10-26 at 07:12 PM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Great Shots Moose!

Too late for Matt and I. We were going to try and swing by today but lost daylight.

Not that I'm looking for her to leave anytime soon but does any have a clue on a wheels up. Matt and I would love to be on hand for that.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Landed at 11pm...sweet!
    Talk about on time. ETA was 10:57 and I had my scanner on and heard them about 10:57 contacting the Tower.
    Great shots. Hopefully they will still be there Sat so i can get a lookie. And with the weather forecast bad for tomorrow and even worse for Saturday maybe
    they will be here for the whole weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    According to Wikipedia "Jett Clipper Ella" is the names of his two children and "Clipper" in honor of Pan Am World Airways which was a large operator of B707s and used Clipper in
    its name. Maybe another reason he was happy to have the show use his jet.
    BTW did JT fly the plane in or does he have another flight crew when he is unavailable?
    AND......GREAT PICS MOOSE!!!

Couple of questions? Once the plastic covering is installed I know the Boeing can't fly with it on but can it taxi? Any idea if the show wants any taxi scenes, perhaps an evening arrival? Just curious, oh and Moose, AWESOME shots, what an IMMACULATENT Classic Boeing !

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Who needs an ID? We'll jump the fence and then blog about the experience
    Sure you can say you were looking for an abandoned hospital.

Couple of questions? Once the plastic covering is installed I know the Boeing can't fly with it on but can it taxi? Any idea if the show wants any taxi scenes, perhaps an evening arrival? Just curious, oh and Moose, AWESOME shots, what an IMMACULATENT Classic Boeing !
    It seems like it's going to be totally static but they could make the northeast part of the airfield look the part.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

That is one sweet looking and clean plane! Well Done and proud to have it here on Long Island!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Took the kids for a night glimpse. Looks like all the actors and crew trailers are ready for a shoot tonight.

Nice to see it even though there was no chance for a picture.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Oh man. I so should have made the drive and sacrificed sleep to see that beautiful bird. Great shots guys!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

The airplane looked stunning last night in mostly Pan Am colors. It was great to see everyone that was out last night as well.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Great Shots Moose!!! (and Zee as well... its really not everyday you see a 707 in and around the hangar at FRG. Those are cool shots.)

Imagine if the show gets its time slot changed, gets better ratings and lasts a few more years... you know what'll be coming - Two Things.. a 747 getting put into Pan Am livery again, and a TWA show on another network.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    According to Wikipedia "Jett Clipper Ella" is the names of his two children and "Clipper" in honor of Pan Am World Airways which was a large operator of B707s and used Clipper in
    its name. Maybe another reason he was happy to have the show use his jet.
    Well, he's definitely an airliner fan. He owned a Constellation prior to purchasing this 707. Interestingly, before he had the deal whereby the Qantas livery was applied, he had a TWA star stream cheatline applied to the fuselage (but in blue).
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Why couldn't she fly with the stickers on it? Is there fear she would be confused for a Learjet?
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner View Post
    Great Shots Moose!!! (and Zee as well... its really not everyday you see a 707 in and around the hangar at FRG. Those are cool shots.)

Imagine if the show gets its time slot changed, gets better ratings and lasts a few more years... you know what'll be coming - Two Things.. a 747 getting put into Pan Am livery again, and a TWA show on another network.

Tom
    Doesn't Connie still have active -100 series airframes? This could totally work out!

Allow me to share in that anticipatory excitement about a -121 747 in action again:

YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Too bad the show isn't good enough for that to happen

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Why couldn't she fly with the stickers on it? Is there fear she would be confused for a Learjet?
    Probably not 200mph tape, wouldn't want it to come off in flight...