Page 152 of 220 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3294

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

  1. #2266
    Senior Member Zee71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,354
    The reg ID was just a SWAG, nothing more than that.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

    My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

  2. #2267
    Senior Member Tom_Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,193
    N88ZL has been at ACY for a month or more... I wonder why it was not available.
    "Keep 'em Flying"

  3. #2268
    Administrator PhilDernerJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,470
    Good point, although why was it sitting in ACY? Has it flown at all? Maybe mechanical issue/check? It is a charter jet, after all.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

  4. #2269
    Senior Member Tom_Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Good point, although why was it sitting in ACY? Has it flown at all? Maybe mechanical issue/check? It is a charter jet, after all.
    I don't know, but like you suggest, that is certainly possible. Although it does have a history of extended idle time between assignments, but generally that is done in Florida. Perhaps they're committed to someone else this week...who knows. I hope it will be around for awhile longer with its new "bandit mask" livery.

    Reading the warbird forum site regarding ABC/Pan Am looking for just the right airframe, I felt bad the guy was directed towards at least half dozen airframes without engines, or in some cases broken up years ago, not to mention tankers and cargo examples in the developing world. Not to disparage their knowledge otherwise, because they referenced a wealth of 707 information, but with exception of about one single post, they just seemed to miss the most obviously appropriate example. But N707JT will be a close enough approximation considering how little is out there...

    Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

  5. #2270
    Senior Member hiss srq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Around here and near there.
    Posts
    5,565
    Tom, interesting post. When you think about it, ZL would probably be a much more accurate option since the 138 was only flown by QF but I think only us geeks would notice that little aspect. Not to mention, ZL has the last version of that engine which if I am not mistaken doesnt have those "air vents"
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

  6. #2271
    Administrator PhilDernerJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,470
    Just throwing it out there, there would be a limitation for that aircraft. Have N88ZL ever been to FRG? Is it noise compliant? Does a different engine variation limit its ability to operate in and out of FRG? Cost or quality of repaint too expensive from the rich charter? There could be many variables that we don't see.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

  7. #2272
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    That is assuming they are filming over by the AAM?
    I saw two cones over by the ALPHA parking lot that had signs on it that said here would be no parking there Wed-Sat this week.
    But you didnt here that from me.

  8. #2273
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner View Post
    N88ZL has been at ACY for a month or more... I wonder why it was not available.
    Maybe Travolta gave them the Friends & Family discount since "Kotter" used to be on ABC.
    And the way the rating are falling for "Pan Am" we might not see much more of this so enjoy.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...am_may_be.html

  9. #2274
    Senior Member Tom_Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Maybe Travolta gave them the Friends & Family discount since "Kotter" used to be on ABC.
    And the way the rating are falling for "Pan Am" we might not see much more of this so enjoy.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...am_may_be.html
    I was wondering the same things. This thing needs to happen very quickly if it happens at all... too bad, I was enjoying the show a bit..

    Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

  10. #2275
    Senior Member Tom_Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Just throwing it out there, there would be a limitation for that aircraft. Have N88ZL ever been to FRG? Is it noise compliant? Does a different engine variation limit its ability to operate in and out of FRG? Cost or quality of repaint too expensive from the rich charter? There could be many variables that we don't see.
    I believe it has MD80 engines these days..
    "Keep 'em Flying"

  11. #2276
    Senior Member Tom_Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    Tom, interesting post. When you think about it, ZL would probably be a much more accurate option since the 138 was only flown by QF but I think only us geeks would notice that little aspect. Not to mention, ZL has the last version of that engine which if I am not mistaken doesnt have those "air vents"
    Yeah, its not 100% authentic, but the 300 series fuselage length is there at least...
    "Keep 'em Flying"

  12. #2277
    Senior Member SengaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,556
    Greetings,
    For those interested N707JT has just departed KPIE-KFRG ETA 10:12PM Local

    N707JT
    KPIE..BAYP0..TAY.J75.CAE.J52.RIC.J14.PXT.V229.ACY. V184.ZIGGI..KFRG/0222
    KPIE-KFRG
    KZMA 013 138 Enroute 0012Z



    UPDATE
    It appears that N707JT made a 180 and and flew back to KPIE.

    Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 10-24-2011 at 09:26 PM.

  13. #2278
    Senior Member Zee71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,354
    Manny and I were there earlier this evening hoping to catch the bird. We ended up leaving around 6:45pm and headed back for home. Hoping to catch it tomorrow after work.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

    My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

  14. #2279
    Moderator mirrodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Posts
    5,746
    ...Fitting all this banter falls upon the date of the last Concorde service from NY. :D



    Anyway, I drove by to see my beloved Ea6B parked over there. Keepin a wishful eye out for the 707
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

  15. #2280
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14
    I was there with my spotting buddy for a little bit. I'm glad I refreshed the browser on the phone. Two nights in a row we struck out....

    The spotting buddy does not care as he gets to say hair-plane all night.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •