Page 152 of 221 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

The reg ID was just a SWAG, nothing more than that.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

N88ZL has been at ACY for a month or more... I wonder why it was not available.
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Good point, although why was it sitting in ACY? Has it flown at all? Maybe mechanical issue/check? It is a charter jet, after all.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Good point, although why was it sitting in ACY? Has it flown at all? Maybe mechanical issue/check? It is a charter jet, after all.
    I don't know, but like you suggest, that is certainly possible. Although it does have a history of extended idle time between assignments, but generally that is done in Florida. Perhaps they're committed to someone else this week...who knows. I hope it will be around for awhile longer with its new "bandit mask" livery.

Reading the warbird forum site regarding ABC/Pan Am looking for just the right airframe, I felt bad the guy was directed towards at least half dozen airframes without engines, or in some cases broken up years ago, not to mention tankers and cargo examples in the developing world. Not to disparage their knowledge otherwise, because they referenced a wealth of 707 information, but with exception of about one single post, they just seemed to miss the most obviously appropriate example. But N707JT will be a close enough approximation considering how little is out there...

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Tom, interesting post. When you think about it, ZL would probably be a much more accurate option since the 138 was only flown by QF but I think only us geeks would notice that little aspect. Not to mention, ZL has the last version of that engine which if I am not mistaken doesnt have those "air vents"
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Just throwing it out there, there would be a limitation for that aircraft. Have N88ZL ever been to FRG? Is it noise compliant? Does a different engine variation limit its ability to operate in and out of FRG? Cost or quality of repaint too expensive from the rich charter? There could be many variables that we don't see.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    That is assuming they are filming over by the AAM?
    I saw two cones over by the ALPHA parking lot that had signs on it that said here would be no parking there Wed-Sat this week.
    But you didnt here that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner View Post
    N88ZL has been at ACY for a month or more... I wonder why it was not available.
    Maybe Travolta gave them the Friends & Family discount since "Kotter" used to be on ABC.
    And the way the rating are falling for "Pan Am" we might not see much more of this so enjoy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...am_may_be.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Maybe Travolta gave them the Friends & Family discount since "Kotter" used to be on ABC.
    And the way the rating are falling for "Pan Am" we might not see much more of this so enjoy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...am_may_be.html
    I was wondering the same things. This thing needs to happen very quickly if it happens at all... too bad, I was enjoying the show a bit..

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Just throwing it out there, there would be a limitation for that aircraft. Have N88ZL ever been to FRG? Is it noise compliant? Does a different engine variation limit its ability to operate in and out of FRG? Cost or quality of repaint too expensive from the rich charter? There could be many variables that we don't see.
    I believe it has MD80 engines these days..
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    Tom, interesting post. When you think about it, ZL would probably be a much more accurate option since the 138 was only flown by QF but I think only us geeks would notice that little aspect. Not to mention, ZL has the last version of that engine which if I am not mistaken doesnt have those "air vents"
    Yeah, its not 100% authentic, but the 300 series fuselage length is there at least...
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Greetings,
    For those interested N707JT has just departed KPIE-KFRG ETA 10:12PM Local

N707JT
    KPIE..BAYP0..TAY.J75.CAE.J52.RIC.J14.PXT.V229.ACY. V184.ZIGGI..KFRG/0222
    KPIE-KFRG
    KZMA 013 138 Enroute 0012Z

UPDATE
    It appears that N707JT made a 180 and and flew back to KPIE.

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2011-10-24 at 10:26 PM.

Manny and I were there earlier this evening hoping to catch the bird. We ended up leaving around 6:45pm and headed back for home. Hoping to catch it tomorrow after work.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    ...Fitting all this banter falls upon the date of the last Concorde service from NY. :D

Anyway, I drove by to see my beloved Ea6B parked over there. Keepin a wishful eye out for the 707
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I was there with my spotting buddy for a little bit. I'm glad I refreshed the browser on the phone. Two nights in a row we struck out....

The spotting buddy does not care as he gets to say hair-plane all night.