Page 124 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

While Fred & Moose have been playing with the Coyotes B727, I grabbed this guy last week right before the snow flurries started.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Sweet John!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Sometime today or tomorrow the Pens should be flying in to play the Isles. This trip should be different because HBO is shooting their NHL special called 24/7. Maybe we can get some shots of the film crew, in addition to the plane? Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    Sometime today or tomorrow the Pens should be flying in to play the Isles. This trip should be different because HBO is shooting their NHL special called 24/7. Maybe we can get some shots of the film crew, in addition to the plane? Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.
    On the 1st episode they were on a Miami Air charter

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    While Fred & Moose have been playing with the Coyotes B727, I grabbed this guy last week right before the snow flurries started.
    Was that the Montreal Canadiens plane? They played Isles Sunday night. Probably didnt get out till sometime late Monday afternoon.

Was that the Montreal Canadiens plane? They played Isles Sunday night. Probably didnt get out till sometime late Monday afternoon.
    Nope. According to Flightaware, an Air Canada A320 departed FRG yesterday at 9:37pm. I was hoping for a late afternoon departure, I might have had a chance of catching it.
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrummanFan View Post
    Nope. According to Flightaware, an Air Canada A320 departed FRG yesterday at 9:37pm. I was hoping for a late afternoon departure, I might have had a chance of catching it.
    Thanks. They headed to DC for game tonite.

Montreal flew into FRG just as the snow started on the 26th. Atlantic's ramp was kaos at the time, and they were towed into their parking spot. Which, unlike a normal arrival, was parked tail first to the gate. The tow operator really did a great job as he had to angle it in between a G4 on the left wing and a Citation on his right wing. They had three wingmen walking it in, but slow and steady and it was a safe arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    Sometime today or tomorrow the Pens should be flying in to play the Isles.
    Pens playing in Pitt tonite so either they come in late after that game or sometime tomorrow morning.

Looking at this right now, I finally figured out how to post a picture on the forum realtime! I was always able to upload from my iPhone to my smug mug but now using the iPad I can post links easily.... Off to work now!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

So I woke up at 3AM and being the elderly guy I am I headed to the bathroom. That was when I heard a sound outside and peeked out to see a helicopter cruising past to the NW at around
    700 feet or so. Couldnt make it out but along with the usual anti-collision stobes it had a red pulse light on top and bottom. Delayed my "business" and put on my scanner and heard nothing about the copter but did hear a Lear jet (N5PT) inbound to FRG for Runway 3-2. Some real early morning activity.

Had some time to kill before going to my brothers so hung out at FRG for about an hour. Damn there is lots of snow there!! Using 1-9 and I parked by the Terminal for awhile. Usual traffic, touch and goes. Helicopter N1767 (R44 Raven) came in landed Atlantic, left to the shoreline and said they were returning soon. Was just about to head on the Southern State when I heard that a Boeing 737 was in the area at 4000 feet preparing to come in. It was the Buffalo hockey charter coming in so I set up by the movie theater off 110. Miami Air "Biscayne 3-2" came in soon after and looked very cool appearing in the distance in the cloudy sky, lights blazing.
    And speaking of snow cant the crews at Atlantic find a better place to pile up the snow!! Cant see nuthin from the fence lines!!

That 727 is DAL based... Every time I go to Dallas I see that jet parked there on overflow
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I have not been posting many updates but I still have been shooting....sorry

Here is one from this morning...I just got my lens back from repair and now I have crazy purple fringing or CA. Looks like I will be sending it back in soon to get
    it fixed again!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

USAF C-21A 84-0118 arrived about 11:30am today, parked over at SheltAir. It's out of the 457th Airlift Squadron, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Andrews AFB.