Page 121 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Oh well ... what a Bummer !!
    I was just hoping they were going to have the GFD over at the AAM again,
    just like they did 2 years ago when the Hawkeye made a special visit for them.
    Yeah. That was something a little different, but served the same purpose. Ironically, most of the employees dont care 1/10th as much as we do about the planes.

US Army PC-6 (UV-20A) Pilatus 23254 sitting by the Sheltair parking lot fence. Looking nice and shiny with its red/black trim. Read that its used by the Black Daggers Parachute Team. Are they doing a jump tonite at Yankee Stadium for the ND-Army game?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    US Army PC-6 (UV-20A) Pilatus 23254 sitting by the Sheltair parking lot fence. Looking nice and shiny with its red/black trim. Read that its used by the Black Daggers Parachute Team. Are they doing a jump tonite at Yankee Stadium for the ND-Army game?
    Yes Gerard they are!!
    Did they return to FRG? Or maybe land LGA so the crew could attend the game?
    BTW anyone know who flew aerial coverage for NBC?

We saw it out there Friday night, and couldn't figure out what it was all about...

On Saturday morning, I went past the museum and saw this on a trailer awaiting delivery:

It appears to be a WW II M3 Scout Car, but I don't have all the details yet. I stopped in the museum a couple of hours later, and it wasn't around and no one seemed to know anything about it. Turns out it is a new addition, but they don't have space to store it over the winter, so it is "elsewhere" for now, but expect to see this added to the museum's "armored division" before long.
    Last edited by moose135; 2010-11-21 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    We saw it out there Friday night, and couldn't figure out what it was all about...
    Almost drove past it. Thought it was a Warbird until I got up close and saw that it was shining like it was brand new!!

The Columbus Blue Jackets are in town to play the Islanders tomorrow night. They arrived this evening in their DC-9. It's parked at Sheltair, should be there until after the game Wednesday night.

This is a shot from an earlier visit - Microcenter is holding my laptop hostage, so I'm limited on my photo editing capabilities right now.

It looks better than my shot! Nice Moose
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

A few shots of the Blue Jackets DC-9 from Wednesday night:

And a special visitor to the Airpower Museum today:

Now we know what happens to bad little boys and girls!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    And a special visitor to the Airpower Museum today:

Now we know what happens to bad little boys and girls!
    OMG that is friggin PRICELESS!!!!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    The American Air Power Museum and the Air Force Association will have the Dropping of the Roses Pearl Harbor 69th Anniversary Memorial Ceremony. The ceremony will take place on Tuesday December 7th 2010 at 10:30AM at The American Air Power Museum and there is free admittance and all are welcome.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Anyone know why a C 130 just took off. I would say it took off around 11:25

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Anyone know why a C 130 just took off. I would say it took off around 11:25
    Not sure, but there was a report via some fire buffs listening to SCPD freqs that a C-130 had crashed in the woods out in the Hamptons not long after that....a report that was later confirmed false. Very strange.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    Not sure, but there was a report via some fire buffs listening to SCPD freqs that a C-130 had crashed in the woods out in the Hamptons not long after that....a report that was later confirmed false. Very strange.
    That is weird. It took off in a south east direction Twilight zone stuff lol

There was a HC-130 from the 106th practicing touch & go's at Islip today as well. I see them all the time out here (Coram) as we're on the Calverton approach.

I was at the fire department when the Suffolk Mobile Command center rolled for a reported plane crash in Flanders. It was first reported as a 4 seat aircraft, then a 4 engine, then a possible C-130. As it turns out, apparently it was a 130 that had trouble but landed without incident. The Command Center came back 20 minutes after they left. Disaster averted!

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Anyone know why a C 130 just took off.
    Because it can